It seems rather inappropriate that the Barley Bree should rate one out of two merely in Muthill when I'm sure it could hold that position against much stiffer competition in neighbouring Crieff.
We have eaten there on several occasions but most recently for lunch. The home-baked bread was superb and the menu whilst not overwhelming you with choices was nicely balanced and even the fussiest diner would have found something to tempt him. The food was indeed excellent, the wine list gave a wide choice at reasonable prices and the service was attentive and friendly.
The Barley Bree is definitely worth a small detour if you're anywhere in that neck of the woods and certainly a restaurant that we will return to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In beautiful Perthshire less than an hour from Edinburgh and Glasgow. Award-winning restaurant with 6 guest rooms all ensuite. The menus showcase local food, such as hand-dived scallops, venison carpaccio,apple tarte tatin ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, HotelQuickly and Book Direct Rooms so you can book your Barley Bree reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barley Bree Hotel Muthill
- Barley Bree Muthill, Scotland