“Renamed as the Loch Shiel Hotel”
Review of Loch Shiel Hotel

Loch Shiel Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Acharacle
Acharacle, United Kingdom
“Renamed as the Loch Shiel Hotel”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This hotel has received a recent change of ownership. Simon and Christine have taken over and are striving to improve tthe standards of his ilocally important. hotel and restaurant. These folk have already cleared up the formerly tatty outside and it now looks open and clean. They have removed a wall that separated the bar from the eating area making the former gloomy bar area bright and open.. We arrived for a late lunch and it came up, soup and a sandwich quickly, hot and with a friendly smile. It is early days but they have put a new menu together which includes all home cooked meals, local salmon, steaks and fish and chips. We look forward to coming back when they have settled down after the silly season . After your meal take a walk down to the shores of Loch Shiel where the old jetty stands and take in the glorious views. Take a look at their website for further details. I wish them all the very best in their new venture.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Hushpuppy1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Salen, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Have to say had an excellent meal at the Loch Shiel in a cosy atmosphere. My chicken with haggis was one of the most flavoursome meals I've had in a long time and my husband enjoyed his pork very much too. The staff were friendly and attentive ( and didn't say "Enjoy" as they placed my meal in front of me - a real bug bear to me!) My cranachan was excellent and the sticky toffee pudding didn't last long either. Will be back to sample more soon I hope.
The bar atmosphere was congenial and the bar was filled with a mixture of locals and visitor's alike.

1 Thank nikkilivett
Fort William, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We have just visited since 2012 but did not stay overnight but had a wonderful meal. The property is under new ownership and it shows....friendly faces, welcoming surroundings and a great atmosphere...... food and drinks are well priced and served with cheer....what a breath of fresh air....noticed a lot more locals in the bar since last visit and that must be a good sign...maybe our motor home could stop in the car park next visit.......good show....

Room Tip: Cannot comment as did not stay.............
Salen, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 17, 2013

1 Thank nikkilivett
Hawick, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Didn't stay at hotel but had an evening meal . Locals said hotel was under new management so we booked a table . Resturant was spacious and beautifully set out . We we're shown to our table after enjoying a drink in the bar were treated to a lovely meal . Food was excellent fresh and great value.staff were superb too Nothing was too much bother for them and after enjoying our meal headed back to the bar which was extremely busy ( always a good sign !!! ) Finished off a wonderful evening with a wee dram and a 5 minute stroll down from the hotel to loch shiel . Good luck to new owners . We loved it !!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Acharacle
Mingarry Park Luxury Accommodation & Restaurant
The Strontian Hotel
The Strontian Hotel
#2 of 2 in Strontian
Isle of Mull Hotel & Spa

Been to Loch Shiel Hotel? Share your experiences!