All reviewshot tubbunk househill walkingstunning sceneryvenisonmacaroni cheeseunderfloor heatinggreat lunchreal aleself cateringfood serviceloch brandysconespeace and quietgreat facilitieslovely walklocal produce
Reviewed September 2, 2017 via mobile

Great looking pub, the walkers bar is my dream pub with big rustic tables and a few real ales on tap.

The food was disappointing. Chips were great but the macaroni cheese tasted like penne pasta with Melted cheese over the top, didn't have much in the way of sauce.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank brucestevenson916
Reviewed August 28, 2017

A great hotel that I have visited twice now. First time for mid-morning scones and hot chocolate in the Spring and the second for a family meal (9 of us) this week. The staff are very welcoming and hard-working, the scenery is fantastic and it is a great stop for a food break when driving up Glen Clova. The only slight problem was that although the food was delicious it wasn't very hot. The staff were very apologetic however.
Definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2017 via mobile

Stopped off here mid-afternoon with my family after a lovely walk up Glen Doll in eager anticipation of a cup of tea and a scone...only to be told (unapologetically) that they had run out of scones and had no other cakes to offer. Given this was 3pm in mid-August, one would have thought they could have noticed they were running low and baked some more...or maybe they aren't home made? The glen wasn't busy so doubtful they had had an unexpected surge in demand. Overall, disappointing and underwhelming.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
3  Thank John S
Reviewed August 17, 2017 via mobile

We stopped her after a long walk at Glen Doll. We had coffee to start with then lunch. My friend and I both chose the slowly cooked ham, mash and vegetables. The waitress was very friendly. Anyway after our meal arrived my friend and I started eating. My meal was not hot. The mash was only warm and no more. Veg was cold. We got this rectified by the waitress, and the same plates came back to our table. Anyway we weren't asked after that if everything was now ok! My friend and I were actually still hungry after the meal. It was a very small portion esp the veg! 2 carrot batons! Anyway it has put us off of returning to this beautiful hotel but our lunch was dissapointing.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
3  Thank kAREN D
Reviewed August 17, 2017 via mobile

Nestled in a beautiful Glen with heather in full bloom we would have been content with 'a bed' but were delighted to find the hotel has been tastefully refurbished (admittedly a decade plus since last visit) and was very luxurious, light and airy, and the 'climbers bar' still rustic with a large fire. Just the place for a drink after a wet day on the hill.
The food was delicious and good value as was the hotel. The staff were very helpful and there was a good atmosphere; they really cared about guests. We'll be back!

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family