All reviewshot tubbunk househill walkingstunning sceneryvenisonmacaroni cheeseunderfloor heatinggreat lunchreal aleself cateringfood serviceloch brandysconesgreat facilitieslovely walklocal producerelaxing break
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Stayed for two nights in March. Got a good reception on arrival, I did start to doubt the Sat-Nav, but the journey up the Glen is worth every moment. The room was clean, comfortable and big enough. The bathroom was clean and modern, the POWER shower could have been toned down a bit but maybe thats just me. There was always hot water for a bath. Had dinner in on the first night, all very good, well presented and thought out. The staff are an asset to the hotel, they combined a relaxed, friendly manner with good service. They work perfectly with the feel of the hotel and it's setting. There is plenty of walking and countryside. The hills around are worth the climb for the views and scenery. I enjoyed an afternoon drink on the terrace at the front in the sunshine. Tranquil covers it. It is a remarkably restful place and setting. There is lot to do in the area but if you want a chilling break this fits the bill.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 15, 2012

My partner and i stayed here last week.
We stayed in one of the luxury hideaway lodges an it was gorgeous!
The area is so peaceful and stress free as it is a 30minute or so drive from the nearest town.
The landscape is so natural and beautiful.
The cabin was exactly as it was described on the website and more! I could not fault it!
We really enjoyed our relaxing break away here and we would definitely come back!

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank kelly7411
Reviewed March 12, 2012

We recently stayed in the Glen Clova lodges and they were amazing! They were exactly what we were looking for - a relaxing, comfortable break, we couldn't ask for anything more. We went down to Hotel for a meal on Saturday night and this too was really good (I recommend the Pate) and the staff were very friendly. We will be recommending Glen Clova to our friends and family. Thank you for a fantastic getaway!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2012

My husband and I wanted a romantic break however with two babies and no sitter, they had to come too! We stayed in the Cadam Lodge having chose this as it looked more spacious than the other lodges and we wanted plenty of room for our 19month old to be able to play and run around if the weather was bad. However the weather was great for the time of year, cold but bright and we even got a wee bit of snow, so we were able to take them out for walks. We drove to Glen Doll then because we had a double buggy we took one of the easy walks (they are all described so you know what is suitable for your ability).
The lodge itself is well equipped however before we arrived I could not find any details of what was and was not provided so I probably took more than we needed for instance there is salt and pepper there, dishwashing tablets are provided as are other cleaning products and dish towels etc. so really all you need to bring is your food. The travel cot and high chair that we hired were in good clean condition, there was also a stair gate available which we used.
Once the boys were in their beds we used the hot tub and it was fab, I would love one at home - so relaxing with a nice glass of champagne - everything about these lodges is sheer luxury but the hot tub definitely made all the difference to us. I didn't use the sauna but my husband enjoyed it. Slippers are provided as well as ample towels but you need to bring your own dressing gown.
I have scored it one star less for cleanliness because around our hot tub was littered by cigarette ends which we probably stood on in the dark before we noticed them - yuck.
We had one meal in the hotel which we enjoyed and we found the staff to be friendly and helpful.
I would happily recommend this to anyone who fancies getting away from it all for a few days.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 7, 2012

My wife and I had lunch this week at the Glen Clova Hotel . I had a home made beef burger which was definitely the best I have tasted in a long time and would certainly compare with the top ten burgers in New York . The menu said home made and everything I had was definitely home made . Lovely fresh coleslaw and chunky crispy chips.
The staff were pleasant especially the Australian waitress we think was called Sonja .
In this day and age when money is tight you do not need fine dining just good home cooking

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family