Carrybridge Lakeside Lodge
Lough Erne Resort(Enniskillen)
$218
$208
Hotels.com
The Valley Hotel(Fivemiletown)(Great Value!)
$95
Mahon's Hotel(Irvinestown)
$79
$67
$184
$178
TripAdvisor
All reviewsrooms are smallfriendly staff and excellent foodboating holidayevening mealstayed for two nightssalmonflorence courtwinstoncraiclodgeenniskillen
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Very disappointed in this so called hotel. the room was so small and absolutely freezing It even smelt damp I had to sleep all night fully dressed to keep warm The walls were like paper - you could hear everything that was being said in the next room While sitting in the bar all you could smell was 'stale cooking oil' smell coming from the kitchen We had booked for two night through Groupon but after one night we had enough and had left the hotel by 9.30 the next morning feeling absolutely disgusted

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank carsey9999
tccarson, Manager at Carrybridge Lakeside Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations as a result of your stay with us, we have taken your comments on board and are aware of the constriants that we have to work within our structural make up. The essence of carrybridge lies in its hospitality friendliness and quality of service. All unique qualities that we pride ourselves in.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

My wife and I stayed here on a two night bed and breakfast groupon deal. It was a birthday present from my brother.
We arrived about 8pm and the barman checked us in. He handed me two ballot tickets with something scribbled on the back and told me this was the voucher for our free glasses of wine.
He showed us to our room. First impressions weren't great as there was a bad smell of damp in the corridor outside the rooms
We got into the room and like the other reviewers, found a small double bed squeezed into a shoebox sized room. There was a cupboard in the corner with a toilet and electric shower. ( this was a time saving advantage s it was possible to wash your feet whilst sitting on the toilet).
The whole accommodation block was of a prefabricated construction and felt like a caravan. There is no double glazing and I would hate to stay there in the winter, it must be freezing.
Obviously we weren't impressed but as we were both starving we went to the restaurant for dinner.
At the bar I handed the barman the ballot tickets and was given two small glasses half full of wine. I poured one glass into the other and ordered a beer for myself and gave my wife the wine
The dinner was fine although nothing special
After dinner we sat in the bar area which is quite rustic.
The seats weren't particularly comfortable so we went to bed and watched a film on my iPad as the antique tv is tiny and had five badly tuned in channels. What will the do after the digital switchover.
Before going to bed we found that there was no hot water at the sink. The only way to get hot water was from the electric shower.

The next morning we got up early after a restless sleep and again there was no hot water.
We had already decided that we weren't staying the second night but I was hoping we would leave with one positive of a nice breakfast.
When we arrived in the restaurant there was no staff so we helped ourselves to cereal and orange juice. A young guy then came in and took our order for tea and coffee. He asked what cooked breakfast we wanted and we both ordered a fry.
The fry was probably the worst I have ever had!!
There was on sausage, one piece of bacon, half a potato bread, one egg, half a tomato and a quarter of a soda Farl.
The sausage tasted as if was past its sell by date, the bacon was fatty and undercooked, the egg and tomato were ok but the soda and potato bread were deep fried and horrible.
I would hate for visitors to Northern Ireland to think that this is the way an Ulster fry is made

We went back to our room, picked up our bags and left the room key on the bar as we hurried out.

There is no way this place should be calling itself a hotel.
It is worse than any place I have ever stayed in and should be knocked down and rebuilt

The location is absolutely beautiful right beside the small marina and could be such a nice place but even this is spoilt by he disused and vandalised fuel pumps beside the lough.

I would recommend you sleep in your car rather than stay here
I like many other reviewers would not stay here for free, as we proved by not staying for a second night even though it had been paid for.

Avoid. Avoid. Avoid!!!!!!!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Paul H

Im sorry that you felt that you had to write such a daming review and put it up here on tripadvisor, i feel that some of your comments are unjust. As a small business in such a rural location striving to provide employment and a service to the local community i feel that perhaps you did not capture the essence of what we are all about. We fully appreciate the constraints that we have to work within but go the extra mile in hospitality and service to make up for what we lack in facilities. Our hotel is NITB certified which means we meet the minimum standards required by the tourist board to have this classification which is certified rather than hold a star rating. Our Hygiene rating is 4 which again we strive to maintain to assure our customers of our best attention to detail and quality at all time. Our rooms are clean basic and comfortable with all needs catered for ie ensuite, tea/coffee, flat screen TV and free WIFI & self control heating. I also feel that this review is unjust as you bought package yourself we would not have been a suitable choice for you.

Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

We, like others stayed here on a groupon deal - we were a group of 4
We hadn't expected anything too fancy, we had read trip advisor BUT were still very shocked!
Honestly the room was clean, as was the ensuite - ensuite? A shower tray almost touching the toilet - the sink was at the other side if the room - about 2 steps as the crow flies, but most awkward when 2 of you in the room and you have to side step everywhere around the bed and under the tv!
The room was a mismatch of all sorts - beige walls, blue carpet and curtains (very dated!!) and black tiles around the sink. The furniture - oh dear - what looked like 2 bits of mdf linked with a shelf and rail was the wardrobe in the corner, butted up to that was the bed and to the other side of the bed was what looked like a self built tea caddy come bedside table and in the same corner was the door to the 'ensuite'. The tv was the old style portables - dear knows what will happen when the switch over happens. It was also too high up for me to reach - the remote didn't work - so no tv for us, my partner could reach it but it wasn't worth the bother to be honest - you would get a sore neck trying to watch it.
I had an incident with the curtains - the rooms are very high, the windows are big and high also. I tried to pull the curtains - they were on the old style 'swish' rails - this didn't swish very much as the track and curtains fell of the wall - I was just out of the shower, my partner was still in it so not very handy!! I tried to use the phone in the room, gives a mobile number to ring in emergency- but it wasn't connected!
Breakfast again like others have said wasn't very good - we also had to go get the staffs attention! She had walked by several times and either didn't notice or was ignoring us! We were never explained the breakfast procedure so just helped ourselves and asked for what we wanted. They also brought 3 half slices if toast for 4 of us! Hmmm it wasn't long utili we asked for more!
We ended up spending a fortune as you are too far away to go anywhere else for a meal/drink - the meals themselves were ok, nothing special at all Kind if hit or miss!
The barman was good Craic! Friendly and chatty and easy going.
Would we stay here again? No! I'm sorry we would not.
One thing I particularly disliked was that as u walked fyom the rooms you entered the toilet area then into the bar - the smell when you opened that door - it was like a frying pan or chip pan was on 24/7! Horrible smell.
I know we did not pay much, and I'm glad otherwise we would have cancelled and not stayed.
I would approve the food - but don't go on a bank holiday as they do a Monday special - just not on bank holidays when u have to pay full price from the main menu!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed September 24, 2012

my partner and i attended a wedding reception at this venue and booked in for bed and breakfast.we received a fantastic welcome from the very friendly staff and were shown immedietely to our room. the rooms are small and basic but are spotlessly clean and have all that is required.situated on the edge of the marina the location is very picturesque.we had two meals in the hotel which were both excellent.we booked out early before official breakfast time, but the wonderful staff provided a full breakfast for us despite this. ok its not the ritz, but it is a superb little hotel with great food and wonderful staff

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
tccarson, Manager at Carrybridge Lakeside Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to write this review for us, myself and my staff find reviews like this very encouraging, i am happy that you found us just as we try to be, homely welcoming and we always go the extra mile in hospitality to make up for our basic facilities. Once again i wish to convey my thanks as it gives new customers the opportunity to make an informed decision about staying with us as i know we are not for everyone.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

We purchased this short break on 'Groupon' for £60 for 2 x nights B & B, ( couldn' beat that with a big stick), although the so called bedroom was small and basic the food and general ambience in the bar and restaurant were great, staff were pleasant & service was good, loved sitting outside watching the boats go by. We stayed in May and the weather was nice, took a drive to Enniskillen and did a bit of shopping. Pleasant stay all round.

Room Tip: Don't think there's much of a choice, they're more like pre fabs.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple