“Very rude awakening”

Tonn Ruray Bar & Bistro
Ranked #6 of 11 Restaurants in Dundrum
Cuisines: European
Reviewed May 26, 2011

Both my wife and I went to the Tonn Ruray for the first time in several years to enjoy the craic with the locals. In previous trips to the Mournes we would always make sure and call into 'Flynns' as we were always made to feel welcome, espeically by Mr & Mrs Flynn, the owners.

On our first visit to Co Down fro a number of years we were very disappointed with the attitude of the lady behind the bar towards us. She made us feel very uncomfortable to point that we ended up leaving after just 2 drinks. We didnt even stay for the food we had ordered. Im very dissappointed that what was once a lovely traditional pub has been reuined by the bad attitude of its staff.

I would no longer reccommend the Tonn Ruray to any friends or associates as the bar lady made us feel that we were not good enough to dine there.

Very rude and most unwelcoming. Put a dampner on what was a great trip. I would reccommend the Buck Head, which is located further along the main street.

6  Thank Henryetta_marsbar

Reviewed October 6, 2010

A locals bar trying to be a wine bar for upmarket people. Unfriendly staff. Used to be good a few years back now I wouldn't set foot over the door.

6  Thank BenjaminButton14
Reviewed August 28, 2010

visited here recently- great pint of guinness and friendly locals.Landlady can be a bit grumpy but thats part of the charm.Well worth a visit if you are in the mournes

1  Thank mourneseafood
Reviewed August 25, 2010

What a little gem to find a small Bar come Bistro , the perfect place to finish a day in the Mournes. The simple menu with additional specials was enough to satisfy most tastes. We had bruchetta and crab cake to start - the dressing with the crab lifted the food to a level above the average. My partner had the steak which was cooked as requested and full of flavour. I had the pizza the base was thin and crispy with the topping of herbs and chorizo making it something special.
the frendly chat with the locals made it an enjoyable evening and would be a pleasent place to go just for a drink. I will be back.