TripAdvisor
Kopaonik
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews nice area hiking tours swimming pool ski slopes free shuttle bus spa clock jacuzzi snow
Selected filters
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I was looking forward to our stay in Kraljevi Cardaci but it turned out to be a nightmare.
This place consists of a hotel and apartments. If you still decide to stay there after my review - choose hotel where you would get at least some service. Apartments - as I was explained after spending my worst winter holidays ever there - belong to private owners and the hotel only "help to rent them". This is of course a nonsense as we stayed in apartments which are part of a hotel complex in different places and we never suffered from bad service there. So, choose hotel rooms.
We stayed in apartments 24 and 25 which turned to be across the main Kopaonik road. There were no phone connection with reception, so each time something happened we had to dress up and go long way to the hotel lobby. Not to mention that we had to do this long way, with small kids and in nusty weather, through stairs up and down each time for breakfast and dinner.
Food was OK, unfortunately a lot of half-stuff and at dinner time we had to wait several times as there were no seats.
Coming back to accomodation - we had terrible smell of sewage all the time, there were no wifi, no satellite TV, no phone. In fact, there were no laundry or cleaning service, only on request you can get some on very rare occasions. Furniture was quite ugly and only basic. Rooms are tiny and when you sleep you could feel how hair on your head is moved by the wind blowing from the window. Stairs to the upper level of our apartment were not even finished - there were no banisters so it was very unsafe for both kids and adults.
Some people say they have a luxury spa... Well, there was water there even when there were no electricity. That is a plus. There is a nice swimming pool but they allow smoking there... When I decided to take away kids from that smoke to the spa area they didn't let me as they said that sauna is a relaxation area and kids are not allowed. OK, but then what is the kids' area - smoking bar near the pool? They provide nice robes but not always have enough towels... And their changing rooms are very interestingly desined... It is one single room for both men and women. If you want some privacy, you have to change in the toilet...
But the worst thing is that we had ELECTRICITY and WATER CUTT-OFFS every day. We had it on the first day and that was the New Year Eve. There were no electricity for 5 or 6 hours. Our rooms were ice cold and when I asked hotel manager how my kids suppose to sleep he only suggested to wait for some undefined time. He sad this is just an accident and all Kopaonik had this problem but this was not true. Our friends stayed at Grand and they never had it. We experienced it every day. I really think that you have no right to take money for such "services" and you should have additional generators enough to cater all apartments.
I like Serbia very much, I liked Kopaonik, I love Serbians as they are very good people. But I will never ever again stay at Kraljevi Cardaci with their poor hotel management.

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
13  Thank AngliA21
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Fancy, cozzy complex from outside....inside Crappy hotel...
Facts:
- they say 4.5km from Kopaonik centre but it is 6.5 km (but bus service every 2 hours)
- very unpleasent and unproffesional stuff (some local girls who saw tourist school on TV)
- electricity cutt offs very often - meaning no heating, no hot water
- no water in bathroom
- paid for hotel service > no cleaning room, no changing towels, bedsheets, toiletpaper....
- restaurant ok - always same food for breakfast and dinner
- SPA is very good and only bright thing

In overall for that price there are much much better places in centre and closer to centre....not to say in France, Austria, Italia...

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
10  Thank Tripko A
Reviewed January 3, 2013

On the royal mountain the real diamond is hotel Kraljevi Cardaci.
I was in this gorgeus object in last week of december with friends and familly.
From the first contact everything was perfectly organised, and we realy spend great vacation.
I need to say that we were guests in meny hotels, in summer and winter time,
so we have had incredibly beautiful and peaceful holiday, just there, in the hart of Serbia.
Just few things, dear friend, delicatessen food,staff is always smiling and really willing to help,
clean apartments and other buildings, very affordable prices, and very well organized transportation,
ski depot ... in a word, this hotel is as hotels in the most famous prestigious European ski resorts.
So, we will go there in this summer too, Kopaonik also have something like sea - big, big clean
sky and a "castle" - Kraljevi Cardaci.

Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank AllegroCaffe
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Excellent hotel and apartman A38. SPA and wellness center is very nice, also restaurant have a very traditional menu and is almost perfect like Jamie OLiver.
Apartment is very comfortable, and nice. My recommendation for apartment A38

Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank Dejan S
Reviewed June 30, 2012

7 days during beginning of summer in this nice Hotel and Spa made my wife and me feel like reborn. Absolutely no regrets for choosing this place for our honeymoon. Very friendly and professional staff, clean and comfort apartments (towels replaced every day), excellent food and various Spa treatments and generally peacefull atmosphere is what this Hotel has to offer during summer. Excursions in National Park Kopaonik are organized to.Looking forward to visit again during winter season. Greetings for Ivan, young and friendly director of Hotel, and bartenders Momcilo and Milos.

Date of stay: June 2012