Cae Adda
Travelocity
Ty Mawr Hotel(Llanbedr)
$106
Very Good 4/5
Travelodge Porthmadog Hotel(Porthmadog)(Great Value!)
$62
Penmaenuchaf Hall(Penmaenpool)
$314
Hotel Portmeirion(Portmeirion)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfire pitwooden cabindrinking waterfriendly ownerscamping cabinstunning locationshort walknew ownersrecommend it to anyonecoed y breninmountain bikingfirewoodshorefishinglaketoiletsfreezer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I really don't want to tell you how fantastic this camp site is or I may not get a place next time I want to visit!, Its a small site and limits the amount of pitches so plenty of space if your camping, We opted to stay in the pine Tipi and despite the weather it was amazing, nestled along side pine trees and overlooking the lake, the shed along side the Tipi was handy for storage and as it rained (a lot) eating in. My son loved the tipi and the woodburning stove, the owners had provided plenty of wood and fire lighters for both the stove and firepit, The facility's were very clean and tidy and the owners were probably the nicest and friendliest I have ever met while camping, hopefully next time we visit the sun will come out!!

Room Tip: the pine tipi has to be the best
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 18, 2012

My friends and I stayed here at the end of Summer 2012. Having stayed there once before, we had been excited to come back and visit. We stayed in the Lake Tipi this time and the Pine Tipi last time. You couldn't fault either of the Tipi's especially for the price. Probably the cheapest Tipi's around and in the best location. Each Tipi boasts excellent views over the lake and they are both very secluded and private. The owner, Gwen is a really nice bloke, nothing seems to be too much trouble for him and he even sent his little son over with an extra blow up bed for us. He insists you help yourself to as much free firewood as you like.
I haven't camped there yet but if you enjoy simple laid back camping in beautiful surroundings with a great atmosphere then this place is certainly not to be missed.
Thanks Gwen for such a great place!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 10, 2012

The two of us stayed three nights at Cae Adda campsite and were sad to leave. The husband and wife owners offer a warm welcome and keep the site very clean and tidy. The site is surrounded by woods and meadows and between the high rocky hills of the Rhinogs to the West and Trawsfynydd Lake to the East. We here content to sit and drink in the views for hours. You can buy firewood for £2.50 a basket. One basket is more than enough to warm your shins as evening turns to night. The village of Trawsfynydd is about a mile and a half away and has all the shops you need. The Rhinog range of hills are easy walking and reward with fantastic scenery. If you want to explore this part of North Wales, Cae Adda has to be the best site around.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Well arrived on the Wednesday weather was not good found a lively place to pitch the tent in the tip field . Three fields to pick from. It was such wonderfull views I was I awe . The facility's were clean and tidy we just forgot to take some pound coins for the shower ooops . I have never been so chilled and relaxed on a short break will definatly go back again . No down side to the place at all . So if you like peace and quiet this is the place to go

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed September 2, 2012

My partner and I stayed in the Pine Tipi which is in a beautiful lakeside location. it's very quiet and peaceful and perfect for sitting in front of a campfire and relaxing. The owners were very friendly and popped by to see how we were doing and if there was anything we needed. Couldn't fault service, they provided firewood and even a little communal kitchen area for washing up and microwaving food. Showers were also very clean.
Only thing I can find to pick at was the Tipi itself was really quite mouldy inside, which I guess is par for the course if you're staying in a static tent but for £50 a night i'd probably choose a B&B over a tipi. For people camping in their own tents I couldn't recommend a better location!

• Stayed: August 2012