“Fab campsite - amazing views”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Trawsfynydd
Cae Gwyn Farm and Nature Reserve
Ranked #1 of 3 Trawsfynydd B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 2, 2010

I found this campsite on-line about 4 years ago, and my husband has been there a number of times to take advantage of the nearby mountain biking at Coed-y-brenin. I'd never stayed there until recently when my husband and I together with a number of friends camped there for the bank holiday weekend.

Cae Gwyn has B&B accomodation as well as a bunk house/camping barn and fields suitable for pitching tents. I think they sometime do take caravans - but they didn't when we were there. We had a lovely welcome from Sue who runs Cae Gwyn with her husband, and she remembered my huband from a previous trip. The campsite is large - but split into different fields, so you don't feel cramped. The showers and toilets are clean and there are enough of them. There are plenty of places to wash cutlery and crockery too. All in all a thoroughly pleseant camping trip - with amazing views over the hills. Go in early spring to see the new born lambs. They were 6-10 weeks when we were there and so so cute.

The campsite is quite remote - the nearest town is Dolgellau and is a few miles away, but the owners have a deal with a couple of the local pubs, and they'll run you down for a small fee and the pub will run you back. A great help when you need a couple of drinks to keep out the cold!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 28, 2009

I was in the area for a race at nearby Coed Y Brenin and stayed in the B&B part of Cae Gwyn Farm.

The room was incredibly spacious and well laid out, with TV, DVD player, wifi and tea/coffee facilities.

Breakfast was a serve yourself continental style buffet - there was plenty of everything and an excellent selection.

The farm is lovely - with more time and better weather I would have loved a proper look around the Nature Reserve side, specially in the summer when the flowers are out.

There is a secure bike storage area if you want somewhere to lock up your mountain bike.

The farm also has camping which i hope to try out next Summer (i had a nosey at the shower facilities and they looked a lot better than a lot of campsites I have stayed in!).

I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trawsfynydd
Plas Dolmelynllyn Hall Hotel
Afon Rhaiadr Bed and Breakfast
The Grapes Hotel
The Grapes Hotel
#1 of 2 in Maentwrog

Been to Cae Gwyn Farm and Nature Reserve? Share your experiences!