“Excellent”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Authentic indian only
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Quirky feel and trying a bit too hard with the decor, need to partition off the scruffy back room! But the food and service were excellent. Good value.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

A busy little restaurant so it is good to book in advance. The food is exceptional. Highly reccommend the salmon starter!

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Recommended to book by our B&B, we could soon see why. Excellent food, excellent service .. I just wish we lived near enough to visit regularly!!

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I live near this restaurant and have dined here frequently. I just love it. They are friendly, helpful and the food is not "run of the mill" I always take family visitors here and they also praise it highly. I recommend this to my guests as a must. This restaurant is worth traveling to visit, you wont be disappointed.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

My husband and I were staying in Llanfendigaid for our first wedding anniversary. We asked the owner of the CL where he would go for a meal on a special occasion and he immediately recommended Indiana Cuisine. He called it 'the best Indian restaurant in the World!'

We had a look around Fairbourne in the morning and picked up a leaflet outside the restaurant. The menu was beautifully produced and the food sounded so tempting that our mouths were watering all afternoon! It was a Monday so we didn't make a booking, just turned up at about 8pm and were warmly welcomed by Raj and shown to a table.

I am vegetarian and had decided on a vegetable platter followed by vegetable biryani as this is one of my favourite dishes. When I gave my order I was advised that the biryani was quite hot and spicy. I prefer a milder dish so I asked Raj what he would recommend. He suggested a combination of the vegetable side dishes so I ordered those instead.

The food was outstanding! Everything was so fresh and delicious that we ate far more than we should have done. The vegetable platter was a perfect starter and I thoroughly enjoyed my main meal of Chana Masala, Saag Aloo and Aloo Methi. My husband had ordered a lamb Jalfrezi and a small dish was brought out for him to sample before the meal was served. This was a thoughtful touch and reinforced the impression that our hosts wanted us to have the perfect meal.

Despite being 'full' we couldn't resist sharing a Kheer - Indian rice pudding. This was absolutely fantastic; the perfect dessert to follow a curry. We were then surprised and touched as Raj and Noori emerged from the kitchen bearing a special ice-cream platter with a candle and balloon to celebrate our anniversary!

It truly was a night to remember and we will certainly be going back again.

Kate & Matty Owen