“Nothing too much trouble!”
Review of Indiana Cuisine

Indiana Cuisine
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Fairbourne
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Authentic indian only
Dolgellau, United Kingdom
“Nothing too much trouble!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

We recently booked the restaurant for a staff do.....a member of the party had special dietry requirements, this was no trouble at all and all the food was explained! We had a fantastic banquet with a constant supply of delicious food. Thank you very much!

London, United Kingdom
“We love it!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Myself and family have been coming to Fairbourne on annual summer holidays for years and since this place opened we have made it a tradition to come at least once (sometimes twice!) during our stay.
The food is always of a fantastic standard and you can taste how fresh and lovingly made it is. Really nice, family atmosphere, the owner and his wife are so friendly and welcoming and the service is great.
I often go for the prawn dishes and if I had any comment it would be that more local fish main meals would be great - although there is a lot on offer in the starters menu so it's also great to pick a few dishes and share round the table.
Try the Kulfi dessert - it has a wonderful perfumed taste, not like anything i've had before.
We often have people staying at our cottage all year round and strongly encourage them to visit this restaurant - it's the sort of thing you "just have to do", a bit like the steam railway or Blue Lake!

Machynlleth, United Kingdom
“Love food”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

This is food cooked with passion and love and served with grace. A small restaurant with a homely feel. We love it.

Visited July 2012
Machynlleth, United Kingdom
“Authentic”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I was very impressed with our meal here. When we arrived we were told the restaurant was fully booked, but he managed to shuffle a few things around to fit us in.

The meal was really good. The focus here is on authentic Indian cuisine - you will not find things like Korma on the menu here. The restaurant is very nicely decorated but it is quite small so I would strongly advise you book to avoid disappointment. We left feeling well fed but not feeling pumped full of fat as you often do after an Indian meal,

This was my first visit here but I will be sure to return to try more things on the menu!

North Wales
“High expectations met - Again!”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

This was my second visit to Indiana and I had been really looking forward to going back after my first visit last year - I had high expectations after the bar had been set so high and I was not disappointed!

The menu offered a good choice of authentic Indian dishes including some amazing vegetable dishes. Would strongly recommend the Chilli Paneer (Indian cheese) too! There was something to suit everyone (group of 7 - including a few fussy eaters who were converted to trying new flavours and really enjoyed it!). The restaurant offers a great environment for sharing which allows you to get some extra side dishes and naan. I think the Indiana offers good value for money and the manager is always welcoming and will go the extra mile for customers.

As we live about two hours away we only visit on special occasions but it is well worth the trip. We'd go every week if we lived closer!