“Wonderful place!”
Review of Williams of Solva

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Solva
Williams of Solva
Ranked #4 of 7 Solva B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 15, 2013

My wife and I spent 4 nights here and we really enjoyed it. It's well situated in the heart of lovely Solva. Room was spacious, breakfasts superb.

Highly recommended as a base o explore north Pembrokeshire.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank valepat

Reviewed August 11, 2013

If you prefer modern with all upto date 21st century accessories then Williams wouldn't be for you. Eg; there is no television in the rooms. However, that was of no concern to ourselves and the large georgian house had a certain charm and a feel of the past and living life in the "slow"
lane. The rooms were spacious and generally adequate, perhaps just lacking a bit in wardrobe and drawer space. The breakfast room and the breakfast itself were absolutely lovely and our 3 night stay was made all the more comfortable by the excellent service afforded us by the owner Lynne. We all enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 4, 2012

This place is excellent - probably the nicest B&B I've stayed at in the UK. We were welcomed with Welsh cakes and a real fire in the guests' living room. Very homely (except I wish my home were more like that). The only thing missing was a dog in front of the fire!

The building is lovely - an old property that has recently been done up with an eye for detail, and the rooms and bathroom are excellent. We didn't take photos but the ones on the website don't really do the place justice. And the breakfasts were delicious.

We'll definitely go back.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SomeGuyFromEngland
Reviewed September 7, 2009

We stayed here for 5 nights in mid August and we really enjoyed our stay. The house is full of character and guests have their own drawing room with comfy sofas and lots of books and games, Our room was the 4 poster room, with ensuite bathroom, and both rooms were very spacious and tastefully furnished. The breakfasts were excellent and Lynne made sure she offered a variety as we were there for 5 days. Lower Solva is a lovely small harbourside village and has plenty of places to eat (including a particularly good Indian restuarant at the back of The Ship) and I recommend booking ahead in the summer months. The Coastal path is easily accessible from the harbour and we walked to St David's in a leisurely couple of hours. We spent some evenings in St David's and recommend 'Cutch' and 'Morgans' for dinner.

Overall, an excellent B&B in a really good location.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MItsy123
Reviewed July 5, 2009

We stayed at Williams of Solva in the middle of a two week cycling holiday in Pembrokeshire. It was without doubt the best place we stayed and worth the small amount extra you pay to get it, compared with other B&Bs. The room was fantastic, big and airy with a massive bed. The bathroom had a wonderful shower and a separate slipper bath. The breakfast was superb with a lovely bowl of mixed fruits prior to a wonderful cooked breakfast. It really is a world away from most B&Bs. On top of that, its in Lower Solva one of the prettiest places in a very pretty part of Wales. The village has three good pubs that all serve food, a decent restaurant and is a truly lovely place to stay.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2009

This place may be slightly more expensive than other bed and breakfasts but it is so so much better than anywhere else we stayed. The people are really nice and have loads of local knowledge. The rooms are elegantly decorated and very well proportioned - I felt a bit out of place in my grubby walking gear! Breakfast is fantastic. I hope to come back soon and make this our base for more walking!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2007

This was a good B&B. Mrs Williams is a fantastic host, pot of tea and warm welsh cakes dribbled in butter on arrival. Breakfast each morning was superb, fresh fruit with yogurt, muffins and crossiants and toast and then a choice of cooked, or as I had scrambled eggs and smoked salmon, yum! Really great location, five minute walk and your on the coastal path, and the bus can drop you back nearly to the doorstop. I marked it down as in our room there wasn't a stand up shower, which I have to have, but I know my Mum would have adored the cast iron bath! Also the bed wasn't very comfortable and creeked loudly!

Stayed: May 2007