“Warm, welcoming and friendly”
Review of Stackpole Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stackpole
Stackpole Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Stackpole B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Spent a week on holiday in Stackpole, Pembrokeshire, just 5 minutes walk from the Stackpole Inn and went in several times most to have a drink but ate there one evening.

The owners have achieved a balance between being a community pub while tapping into the tourist trade - without favouring or alienating either. Dogs are welcome in the public bar (on leads) and food can be served there if their owners want to eat.

The meal we had was very good, a beautifully cooked beef rib to share. However, the highlight for me was the quality of their beer and wine - especially the Brains Black which I thought outshone most pints of Guinness.

We felt that the prices were reasonable, but may be because we live & work in the South East. For reference a large glass of good quality wine (250ml) plus a pint of Black was just over £8.00 - less than a similar round would have been in Brighton or London.

Would be happy to go back again if we were in the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Having booked a table for 7.30 and arrived an hour early following our early completion of a great circular walk around Bosherton lily ponds, Broad Haven beach and Barafundle beach, we were informed that our early arrival wasn't a problem. Good selection of "real ales". Excellent food. Excellent, friendly service. Not much more I can say. If you are in the area book a table and pay a visit.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Visited Stackpole Inn on a busy Friday night in September having already booked a table there. The Inn car park was full, but we soon realised there was ample parking just over the road from the pub. Our meal chioce meant that the food would take at least 45 mins to prepare which we had not realised when ordering but luckily the waitress took the time to explain. This time was soon spent, especially as we were offered olives, balsamic/olive dip and home made crusty bread to eat whilst passing the time. And that was just the start -boy was that food worth the wait. The portions were generous and the food deliciious, especially the sauce accompanying the meat which we both loved. The whole experience was a good one.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 21, 2012

After a great day at Bosherton ponds and Broadhaven beach, we spotted the Stackpole Inn for supper. Although they had lots of bookings later on, they were happy to accommodate us as we arrived early on. Our timing was spot-on as quite soon they were regretfully turning people away. Our meal was lovely, really tasty and they were happy to do smaller portions of the main menu for our children. Very good friendly service and very reasonably priced for the quality. When on holiday in the area, this pub would be top of our list to return to again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Best Gastropub in Wales? Surely not the same Stackpole Inn my wife and I visited last Wednesday?

When we arrived, the waiter behind the bar invited us to sit anywhere we wanted. My wife went to find a table, and I ordered the meals. A waitress appeared and instructed me to 'follow me to your table'. I pointed to my wife who had found a table and said, 'Is it okay if we sit over here?'.
The waitress slouched grumpily towards my wife without replying.
'Is there a problem?' I asked. The waitress didn't reply.
I considered this rather rude and it left me feeling unwelcome. I wish we'd left at that point, as the food, when it finally arrived, was bland, and the potatoes were virtually uncooked. As we paid for our overpriced fare, we told the waiter that we were very disappointed, and he registered very little interest. Pretty appalling for the Best Gastropub in Wales. No Welsh welcome here. No thanks.

PS There was no lock on the gents' toilet ... I think that just about sums it up.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Dafydd S
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Big fans of the restaurant as we eat there quite often and we had occasion to stay one night recently in August fabulous room very well kitted out and really good breakfast. Of course we stayed for a meal the night before and it was as good as always fabulous choice of fish great service nice ambience and overall a lovely lovely place

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ChrisAscea
Reviewed August 5, 2012

we have just returned home from a 2 night break in The Stackpole Inn and can't praise it enough. The room was large, beautifully decorated and spotlessly clean. The owners and staff couldn't do enough to help, and the food was gorgeous. There are plenty of places to visit nearby - Bosherton, Stackpole Gardens, St Govans etc and the most beautiful beach Barafundle Bay. Everyone was so friendly and we will definitely go back

Room Tip: if noise really bothers you one of the first floor rooms may suit you best as in the ground floor ro...