We stayed in Smugglers Cottage 23th - 26th Nov
On arrival we were met by Yvonne who was genuinely warm and friendly and showed us around, Chris also came along to say hello which was nice as he was rushed off his feet due to the extremely heavy rain the area had experienced.
The cottage was warm, cosy, well equipped and spotlessly clean. We had a welcome pack of coffee, tea, homemade welsh cakes but most importantly of all a chilled bottle of wine!!
The hot tube was also spotless and we made good use of it over the weekend even though it didn't stop raining the whole weekend.
We didn't use the pool or bar as these were closed for the season but again both looked really well maintained as did the park as whole.
There was no mobile signal in the cottage but that suited us and only enhanced the quality (peace/quiet) of our stay.
All in all we had a very relaxing stay and would highly recommend Smugglers Cottage
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cardigan Bay Holiday Park is set in a peaceful and secluded south facing valley which is situated just 300 yards from the golden sands of Poppit Beach near to the town of Cardigan. The park is graded 5 star by Visit Wales and is the perfect base to Relax and Explore the surrounding area. It has recently been awarded the UK Seaside and Blue Flag Award and is one of the leading caravan parks in south walesPoppit Sands is a charming a place as the name suggests, the extensive natural sand dunes and boating jetties perfectly frame this pristine sandy beach. The views of:Cardigan BayTeifi estuaryThese are simply stunning and will literally take your breath away. Poppit is an ideal location to enjoy a full range of water activities or spend days on the beach with the family. The demanding waves make good sailing and surfing and the beach is safe for swimming with lifeguards present during the summer months. The northern end of the Pembrokeshire Coastal path begins here where an array of picture perfect views, panoramas and a rich variety of landscape and wildlife can be enjoyed. The unspoilt coastline is a haven for seals, porpoises and even bottle-nosed dolphins. Our park has been designed to offer you and your family a safe and fun experience. Our unique tropical heated pool complex " The Cove" has a retractable roof which allows you to enjoy the facility whatever the weather, making Cardigan Bay the ideal location for a short break, holiday or even a second home of your own. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Cardigan Bay Holiday Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cardigan Bay Holiday Park Hotel St. Dogmaels
- Cardigan Bay Holiday Park St. Dogmaels, Wales