“Too hot!!!”

Premier Inn Port Talbot Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Baglan
“Too hot!!!”
Reviewed August 27, 2014

This Premier Inn is very close to the M4 Motorway. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are good and nicely decorated with a lovely bathroom as well. However, the heat in these rooms are unbearable. Far too hot for anybody.

1 Thank Jacqui T
TeamPortTalbot, Manager at Premier Inn Port Talbot Hotel, responded to this review, September 6, 2014
Thank you for your kind words about the staff members here at Port Talbot.

As a hotel with no air con our rooms do tend to get hot, every effort is taken to ensure that we keep the rooms as cool as possible this includes leaving the window open, closing the curtains, leaving the fan on and offering you a sheet instead of a duvet.

We hope to welcome you back soon, especially now the weather is a little cooler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Reviewed August 26, 2014

I travel extensively across the UK for business purposes and although I have the freedom of choice to stay in any hotel I wish, (subject to budget constraints), I stick to Premier Inn as the standard is consistent and for any fellow travellers that share my thought train, you'll understand that with this Group, they pretty much do what it says on the outside of the tin every time!

I'd never been to Swansea on business before, so I booked a PI in Swansea, only to be cautioned by a colleague that the one that I had reserved wasn't one of their best and that the food in the accompanying restaurant was less than excellent, so taking his advice, I swapped to Port Talbot and was very glad that I did.

When you've stayed in as many PIs as I have, on so many occasions, you get to know the checking-in routine, the script and all the questions that you're going to be asked, before they're actually asked. However, it had been a long five hour drive and all I wanted was to relax, have a shower, something to eat and chill, as the following day was going to be even longer!

Check-in went smoothly, Laura was welcoming and cheerful and the process was quickly completed. However, as one of the 'waiting to be updated' locations, I feared for the worst? There wasn't going to be A/C, the décor was bound to be poor and the sink in the bathroom would be lacking mixer-taps, in favour of the ancient separate 'hot' and 'cold' variety? Oh dear! However, apart from the taps - do I know my taps, or what? - everything else was as spot-on as usual and the bed, along with the guaranteed 'good night's sleep' policy, was as comfortable as ever!

I never have high hopes for my evening meal, but dinner in the adjacent Beefeater was as good as I've had anywhere and Maria who served my colleague and I was friendly and efficient, which was especially pleasing as we had the benefit of her service the following morning at breakfast.

For anyone that prefers a Marriott, or a Hilton, with their enhanced facilities and leisure complexes, I wish you good luck and respect your decision every time. However, I don't have time to workout, or swim, or sit in lounges reading and I don't want to be restricted on a choice of locations, so for a regular traveller who needs the flexibility of multiple locations, (not just inner city locations), if you haven't tried Premier Inns before, don't knock them until you have!

The beds are excellent, you have a choice of pillows, OK, so maybe their décor and bathrooms aren't Laura Ashley and the car park has Mercedes, BMWs and commercial vehicles as well, but if you want plenty of parking, facilities to work and a great night's sleep, PI delivers in spades, whilst with Port Talbot, you get all of this and stunning views into the bargain!

Room Tip: It's a quiet location wherever you are, but a room over the gardens is particularly nice, as you...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank FamilySanford
Thank you very much for your kind review, it really means a lot to the whole team.

I really do hope you vist us once we have the refurb, the rooms will definatley have that Laura Ashley feel to them plus mixer taps in the bathroom!!

I look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Reviewed August 26, 2014

Did the online check in and did not expect to stand more than a minute at the reception as we were very tired after a full day out. It took less than a minute to get the keys and we were in our rooms which was neat and clean and the bed was very comfortable. Excellent staff at the reception - very patient.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, I'm glad you found the check in to be speedy as that what the online check in is supposed to do, I know how it can be after a longer journey, you just want to get into your room and unwind!!

We hope to welcome you back very soon!
Devon
Reviewed August 25, 2014

We stayed for two nights over the bank holiday weekend,greeted by a very friendly and helpfull receptionist, room clean and tidy. We had two good meals at the Beafeater where all the staff were again friendly and helpfull. We were not disturbed by people leaving the Beafeater and had two good nights sleep.
Overall all the staff in both the inn and the Beafeater were brilliant and next time I have to travel in the area I would stay again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind review of our hotel, you comments have been passed onto the team who are thrilled.

We hope to welcome you back very soon and as an added incentive for you to come back the hotel will be under going a full refurb in October so we really do hope to see you again with our shiny new hotel!!
Hampshire
Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

We have just left the Premier Inn after an overnight stay (to break a long journey).

We were met by a very friendly receptionist who checked us in, made our dinner reservation, etc and this level of politeness/friendliness was consistent throughout our stay.

Our room was fine but faced out on to the carpark and the attached Beefeater which meant it was quite noisy - not so great given we had our young daughter with us, perhaps a rear facing room might have been better.

The bed was a little noisy with a bed spring that made a funny noise every
time you got in - clearly
in need of a replacement. It was nice to be given a sheet if the room was too hot but the temperature was fine.

Ate in the Beefeater, food was good and service friendly and efficient.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank MoosHampshire
TeamPortTalbot, General Manager at Premier Inn Port Talbot Hotel, responded to this review, September 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad everything was to your satisfaction and that you found the receptionist to be friendly.

I'm sorry that you encounted some noise from the Beefeater, if you stay with us again feel free to call us and request a quiter room on the back of the hotel, our number is 01639 500584.

We hope to see you soon!
Rochester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Staff very friendly, room comfortable and breakfast great. Only let down was the noise and bad language from the people leaving the Beefeater. Difficult for the hotel staff to control this, but will not stay again especially if travelling with kids. This is a shame and not representative of other Premier Inns I've stayed at.

1 Thank JCT777
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Port Talbot Hotel, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel fell far short of your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated. Thank you once again for your review.
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Stayed on Friday 25th July- a very hot day. Arrived to find a fan in our room- very welcome! They'd also put a travel cot in our room (which I hadn't requested but saved us getting ours out of a packed up car!).
Slept well- although my daughter slept badly because of the heat. Not the hotels fault!

Stayed August 2014
TeamPortTalbot, Manager at Premier Inn Port Talbot Hotel, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad we met your expectations, however next time we hope to exceed them!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baglan
Best Western Aberavon Beach Hotel
Swansea Marriott Hotel
The Towers Hotel & Spa
The Towers Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Jersey Marine

Been to Premier Inn Port Talbot Hotel? Share your experiences!