“jubyju”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Baglan
Lincoln, England, United Kingdom
“jubyju”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

we stayed at this hotel on 7th March and can`t fault it, room was lovely and clean, bed was comfy, we had been worried it might be noisy but not at all. Staff were excellent, so friendly and the sisters who worked on reception were delightful. Food at the resturant was delicious and plenty of it !!Would recommend to anyone, full marks for value for money.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jubyju

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed 2 nights and on the first night there was lots of noise coming from some rugby supporters (it was Wales-Ireland). The staff sorted it out so there was no noise on our 2nd night. Great hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
stow
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night on 9th February 2013. The location of the hotel, just off the M4 suited our needs,
On arrival we found the reception staff to be very friendly and the booking in was completed very quickly. Ample free car parking was available on site.
The bedroom was a little dated and needed an upgrading but it was clean and tidy. It suited our purposes for one night. We did have an issue during the night, our room was located next to a corridor door which was continually used between 1am and 5am and resulted in a poor nights sleep. We informed reception in the morning and were refunded our money. Helpfull staff who listened and acted on our complaint.
We booked a meal deal at the adjacent restuarant for £22.00 which included a 3 course dinner with a drink and a full breakfast. This was convenient as we did not know the area and represented reasonable value for money. The staff at the restuarant were good and attentive our requirements.
Apart from a disturbed night the hotel met our requirements in all other aspects.

Room Tip: Rooms to the rear may be quieter as they are away from the adjacent pub/restuarant and car park.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed on the 15th January 2013 on a business trip.

At first, before arrival I was called by the Hotel as they wanted to book me out. I found this a little unexceptable as it was clear by the booking that I was a "Lone Female Traveller". This problem was eventually resolved and my booking remained.

Up on arrival, the Receptionist who I think was called Claire welcomed me to the Hotel. She explanied the facilities and booked by reservation in the Restaurant. As I used to Manage a Front Office desk for Intercontinental Hotels Group, I knew what I was looking for from a Receptionist and Claire was wonderful. Very genuine and professional.

My room was located quite some distance away from Reception which as a lone female, I felt was a lack of understanding guests needs because the standard I'm used to is to locate lone females as close to Reception as possible, however, my room was lovely, very well presented, clean and tidy.

The Beefeater Restaurant is just over the other side of the car park and up on first impression, was really well presented, very clear and a friendly atmosphere. I was served by Julie who was lovely. She made me feel so at ease as I hate dining alone in a Restaurant. She welcomed everyone in the same manner which shows how genuine she is. The food was lovely and my Steak cooked to perfection. Full marks to everyone.

Overall, I travel to a lot of Premier Inn's across the country and Port Talbot is a lovely one. The staff always make a Hotel and this is most certainly the case here.

One moan I have is that I think Premier Inn as a Group need to look at their policy for "Lone Female Travellers" staying at their establishments. I've experienced some nasty incidence during my Hotel Management career and I know that bedroom corridor are not always a safe place during the night.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Northern Ireland
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Hotel was ok but food availability in Bragle Brook was very poor. Had to take food we didn't really want as we didn't know the area and didn't know of any other eating places that was close by.

Breakfast was also poor as hot food had to be ordered from waiter and not available as a walk to.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank The_Cherubim
Thatcham, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at this Premier Inn twice now as my husband enjoys mountain biking and it has easy access to the mountain biking at Afan. We will be back in February. The staff are very friendly - and always tuck my husband's mountain bike away safely for us so we don't have to worry about it - the cooked breakfasts in the beefeater (just a few steps away) are cooked to order and of good quality - the rooms are older in style but very clean - that's what is important to me.

There is loads to do in Port Talbot and the surrounding area and at £72 for a long weekend makes for a good value weekend away with lots for us all to enjoy.

• Stayed January 2013
Darlington, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We used this as a base to visit nearby family in Swansea. We paid £19 for 2 rooms for 2 nights, and then a further £29 for a third night. If we had paid much more than this then I am not sure that the rooms would have justified a higher price tag.

My room was a twin, which consisted of a double and a sofa converted into a single. The room was large, although Premier Inns seem to have a problem with adequate lighting! The heating system worked well, and the room generally had all the facilities you would expect.

We did not try breakfast or the meal deal with the pub over the road, but it seemed to be decent quality from what we saw.

The hotel is in the perfect location just off the motorway and is great for anyone who needs a place to rest after a long journey. It was perfect for our needs in that respect.

My main gripe was that the hotel is looking dated now. The ceiling was showing a small patch of damp, there were a few marks on the bed sheets/pillows, and the single bed squeaked whenever you got into it or moved.

For the price of £19 a night, it does what it needs to. The reception staff were superb (the level you'd expect from Premier Inn) and they sorted out a noisy neighbour straight away. If people are looking for a budget place to stay that is warm, comfortable, but not total luxury, then I would fully recommend this Premier Inn.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first floor as some of the ground floor rooms face the car park and pub!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baglan
Best Western Aberavon Beach Hotel
#5 of 22 in Swansea
Mercure Swansea
Mercure Swansea
#12 of 22 in Swansea

Been to Premier Inn Port Talbot Hotel? Share your experiences!