“Best restaurant in Neath”
Review of Buffalo Bill

Buffalo Bill
Ranked #15 of 99 Restaurants in Neath
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are a family run business with a passion for excellence and amazing food! Nothing is too much for us to do for our customer's happiness. We do not aim to satisfy...we aim to amaze!!!
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I went to Buffalo Bill's and Jamaican Jill's on Thursday last week with my grandmother. This was our first visit. My grandmother is rather cautious about trying new food but she decided to try her first Jamaican dish, which she loved. I have been to a few Jamaican restaurants before and knew what to expect. My favourite dish is goat curry so I ordered this to try it out. I was not disappointed at all. The blend of spices was perfect and it was definitely very tasty. The only criticism I have for the dish was that the goat seemed to be rather cheap cuts, i.e., lots of fat, sinew, etc. with few decent cuts of diced goat. My grandmother has no criticism for her cod dish. She really enjoyed it! My starter was the jerk chicken wings, which I think had been kept under the heat lamp for too long as they were rather dry, crispy and a bit over cooked. However, the flavour was lovely. My advice would be to slim down the menu. There is rather too much choice at the moment. If the menu were slimmed down then more money could be spent on the individual dishes rather than buying loads of cheaper products. Quality is better than quantity after all! Maybe one page of Jamaican dishes and one page of American dishes, with select starters and main courses and desserts. Also, there weren't any Jamaican desserts either too chose from. Overall, this was a really tasty meal and it is the best restaurant that I have been to in Neath. I hope that overtime the restaurant continues to develop and improve in quality delivery. I'm going again tonight with both of my grandparents and will try some more dishes! I'll also leave another review!

BernieDavies, Owner at Buffalo Bill, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Hi Holly thanks for your review. However, we have to clear up one point. We do not buy cheaper cuts. We buy the whole goat every time fresh from Pak Butchers a well known national butchers in Cardiff. Different parts of the goat have varying levels of fat and sinew so we will have a word with the kitchen to ensure they remove the fattier bits from serving dishes. It's not too much to ask for your enjoyment. Regarding all our other produce they are locally sourced and best cuts. Quality is our main stay and we hope to demonstrate this at all times. We do apologise if this did not come across to you. And yes watch this space we are increasing our Caribbean desserts! We are pleased you had. A great time and we wre happy to serve you over and over again! :0)

Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

A disappointing experience. The food we were served was over cooked. The service definitely was not 100%. Waitress extremely unhelpful. Had to wait nearly 40 minutes for a starter to be served. I understand not every business can deliver a perfect experience all of the time but an apology wouldn't have gone a miss when we voiced our opinions on the food.

2  Thank May992
BernieDavies, Manager at Buffalo Bill, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

I am extremely disappointed that you have taken this campaign further. You wrote a review months ago on Facebook and it was refuted by independent people. You the, came on as DebJ99 and wrote 3 reviews on the same night to cover your tracks but gave away who you were by the similar details on the review. I responded and threatened I would take legal advice whereupon you messaged me on Facebook denying knowledge when I did not name you. When I pointed out to you that you would have had to be responsible otherwise you would not know to whom I was referring you removed the offending review. We then decided to take no further steps in our investigations. A couple of your group were even made welcome at our restaurant afterwards despite everything and they were treated royally. Now you have made a general innocuous yet recognisable review. Two reviews same night on the same account for the first time ever and directing a slur on the " waitress" this time not daring to say manageress as we would know who you were. Trip Adviser has ways of tracking email addresses and will ascertain who you are and deal with it accordingly as this may be a joke to you but this is our livelihood.
If by some strange occurrence this is a genuine review, please accept our sincere apologies.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Now known as Jamaican Jill's, I went there for our works Christmas party. We were greeted by some one I presume to be Jill and shown to our table. We were a group of eleven and had pre-ordered our meals. Service was excellent with our starters arriving soon after we had been seated and the main course and deserts following without undue delay. Attention to detail was very good with individual requests met (I.e. Steaks done to order,med,med/rare). We provided a list of our drinks and didn't even have to leave our seats to get a fresh round. The food was of very high quality as was the way it was presented on the plate. I had lamb, others had salmon, steak and turkey everyone was very happy with their meals. There was entertainment in the form of a singer who performed various songs of the "Rat Pack" era which were enjoyed by everyone. I have to say that the decor could be improved but the atmosphere was fantastic and friendly, we all greatly enjoyed our evening and would not hesitate to go there again.

BernieDavies, Owner at Buffalo Bill, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2013

Thanks for your lovely review. Just to clarify, we are still Buffalo Bill's Steakhouse. Jamaican Jill's is our sister restaurant behind the steakhouse which you did not get a chance to see when you came. That is beautifully decorated like a Caribbean oasis. We will be dating the front restaurant for the New Year so watch this space! Have a wonderful Christmas and see you in the New Year!

Reviewed December 6, 2013

This is by far one of our favourite restaurants in Neath (and Beyond!). Really, it's two restaurants in one - Buffalo Bills at the front, and Jamaican Jills at the back. My favourite is the Jamaican room, to which the décor is unique, and fun! The menu is superb, with the right amount of choices, all at great value for money prices. The waiting staff are friendly, and it's no wonder when you meet the owners! A fantastic welcome awaits you, with the bubbly and excitable manner you would expect from a Jamaican restaurant! The chefs prepare the food quickly, but more than that, the dishes are cooked to perfection. I often eat steak, or the grilled pineapple (a real meat burger, with cheese, pineapple and caramelised onions), and they are cooked EXACTLY as I request.
Out back, facilities for smokers are provided, and this area continues with the Jamaican theme. On Fridays live music is performed, and you guessed it, it's from Jamaica! So Steel Drums, and Jamaican singers bring even more life to the venue! Ablutions are clean, parking after 5 is available on the streets, or before in one of the many car parks in the town.
We eat here every fortnight, and they even hosted a surprise birthday party arranged by friends for me! Buffalo Bills comes with my highest recommendation!

BernieDavies, Owner at Buffalo Bill, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2013

It's very encouraging to read a review like yours as it tells us that our aim to be consistent in quality of food, fellowship and service is being achieved. As a regular, you are telling us that we have not disappointed you and that means s whole lot. Thanks for taking the time to make your sentiments known and we look forward to serving you again and again!

Reviewed December 6, 2013

My husband and I called into Jamacain Jill's on the off chance late one evening in the summer, even though most other restaurants had stopped serving food we were surprised and relieved that they were still serving. Having dined previously (old management) we knew that it had an outstanding service, both food and staff, so we couldn't have imagined it would be any better. However, each and every member of staff were very courteous and helpful. The manageress helped me choose something off the Jamacain menu, which I found was very nice as I had never tasted the Jamacain cuisine before and she couldn't have chosen a better dish, Curried Goat, it was divine plus the portion was so grand they put my leftovers in a takeaway carton for me to enjoy at home. My husband and I had a delightful evening, we had a very long chat with the owner who informed us of their Caribbean Sundays which we will definitely be attending. We enjoyed free samples of vodka cocktail slush and a tour of the back of the restaurant which is the closest we will get to paradise in Neath. Anybody looking for a great night, great food with A* service then we would highly recommend this place. Well done to the new management on successfully making an already great business even better.

1  Thank Me-and-my-say

It's very heartwarming to know that we made your time with your husband that bit more special. We realise that taking time to go out is precious and so when one chooses to spend that time and their money with us, we are committed to making it worth every penny. Thanks for letting us know that we succeeded with you. See you again soon!