“Great food”

The Lamb & Flag Inn
Cuisines: British, Pub, Welsh
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: FAMILY RUN VILLAGE PUB/RESTAURANT offering quality homemade meals served 6 days a week in our cosy bar or traditional restaurant with a warm welcome.Fish Specials vary each week.Outdoor beer garden and childrens play area to the rear of the pub.Childrens Menu, good choice of desserts inc.Our homemade rice pudding with a hint of whisky. Specialist teas & coffees. Meals served 6 days a week Tue-Sat 12-2.30Pm & 6-8.30Pm, Sunday Lunch 12-2pm - Bookings Only. Quiz night every Weds 9pm. 2 Courses £10 on Tue, Wed, Thur - lunch & dinner, main + choice of starter or dessert from our set menu. PLEASE CALL AHEAD TO BOOK A TABLE as if no bookings in restaurant closes early.
Medway
“Great food”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Fantastic food but the decor doesn't do it justice. Looks like an old people's home. Needs to be updated

• Visited September 2013
Yvonne P, Manager at The Lamb & Flag Inn, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank for your review and I am glad you enjoyed your meal with us. I am not sure what your meant by your comment that the decor is like an 'old people's home' as we have modern furniture in the restaurant and the carpet is a must have for a pub as it is very serviceable for the type of business we run. It is an old meal and if it was decorated with very modern wallpaper it would not be inkeeping with the age of the building.We are however in the process of arranging to redecorate the restaurant to inject a bit of colour over the next few months as only now there have been sufficient funds available for us to do this. The brewery are only responsible for the outside of the pub and we have to pay for any changes internally. Once the re-dec has been done I am sure customers will see a difference. See you again soon to enjoy some excellent food.

Southampton, United Kingdom
“Really good service and food”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My husband and I went to the Lamb and Flag last Wednesday lunchtime with two elderly relatives. We had not booked but the lovely landlady said it was okay and offered us a table. They had a fish special board and although my husband read it the landlady came over and told us what was on there, my husband had cockles and laverbread on toasted bread and the rest of us had the vegetable soup which was very hot and tasted good. We all had the fish on the specials board, my husband is very fussy about fish as he doesn't like bones but he didn't have one, we all enjoyed it very much. The landlady was really nice and worked extremely hard on her own that lunchtime behind the bar and serving the food. We will definately go back the next time we are in Neath as we live near Southampton.

• Visited August 2013
Thank you Mary for your review and your kind comments. I am glad you all enjoyed your experience with us. It was a very busy day that lunchtime you came in and am glad you all enjoyed your fish specials which are always very popular especially as we give customers the choice of sauces so they can design their own dish. Next time you come to visit would be nice to see you again. regards Yvonne, Landlady.
Neath
“Great food & service”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Visited as a group of six August 16th, all very pleased with everything we had. The choices on the menu are varied and something different from the normal 'pub grub'. I had belly pork and it was beautiful, the Bailey's cheesecake was also delicious. Service was swift and polite which all made a very pleasant Saturday evening.

• Visited August 2013
Yvonne P, Manager at The Lamb & Flag Inn, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. Glad you all enjoyed your meal and your evening with us. See you all again soon. Regards, Yvonne
Arras, France
“On the road!”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

The place is very well decorated, the staff friendly and the food is excellent! They have a lovely garden at the back and i's always crowded.

Visited August 2013
“Superb”
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Cane here on a recommendation of the Barman in presidents after having a terrible meal there, we told us that the food would be incredible and he honestly did not lie. I came with three friends, one had a bruschetta starter which was mouth watering, for mains I had a salmon dish which I think I can still taste it was so good and my friends are steak which was cooked to perfection and delicious, a young girl served is who introduces herself as Rachel, she was very chatty and polite and incredibly efficient, it was all in all an incredibly pleasant experience, we are now looking at booking our Christmas reunion do there. Would recommend it to anyone!

• Visited June 2013