“Excellent Sunday Dinner..”

The Tredegar Arms
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Set in the heart of the beautiful village of Shirenewton, the Tredegar Arms is a dog friendly established Bar and Restaurant serving real ales and fine wines. We pride ourselves on producing traditional hearty dishes with a modern twist. All our food is prepared and cooked on the premises to the Chefs exacting standards and principles of using the freshest ingredients, locally sourced where possible and served in the relaxed atmosphere of the Restaurant by our friendly staff. Lunches served from 12 noon Evening meals served between 6pm - 9Pm Sundays 12 noon - 8pm
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Used to do dinner at a pub near by..(HuntsM..) but felt is was going down hill a little, so tried here. We were sat on a large table and the four of us had plenty of room. The young girls looked after us very well and were professional in every way. A total credit to the owner. They were over in a shot to get us our drinks(many pubs don't do that). Then we ordered starter. Presentation was like Master-chef and tasted great. The main course followed at the right time and was fresh and filling. Veg a little bland by choice but it was good. I would of liked some more green veg but overall..great! Didn't do dessert as all stuffed. The place was warm, friendly and busy but not over busy.! Little diamond which has got better by far since my last visit a few yrs ago. A sure 8.5/10! We'll be back!!

1  Thank Welshboy2130

Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Food was good, generous portions and it was a nice environment. Wine was a little overpriced. Service was very slow however this was recognised and we were given complimentary bread and oil. Bread and butter pudding could have been better. Overall though nice place to eat and would return.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

I really can't belive the quality of the steak and Stilton pie! Defiantly the best pie I have ever tasted, the service was top notch, beer great and atmosphere warm and welcoming

Just what I wanted.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

I regurlarly eat here, that says something as I am very picky with eateries. The menu has a HUGE range of dishes especially for vegetarians and for fish lovers! The specials board always has a great selection and a large choice of desserts.
The waitress' and the manager in particular make the atmosphere welcoming and relaxed. I feel like I could go in wearing my farm clothes.
Can't wait for my next visit, bring on the beef steak with chorizo!!!

Reviewed September 15, 2012

We recently had a short stay in Wales, 3 nights -3 different eateries (including one 4 star establishment) this was by far the best, having eaten here before we knew it was good, and it didn't disappoint.
It is hard these days to find a place that is consistent, the food was fabulous, well cooked and presented and very,very tasty.
Prices are very reasonable and the portions very generous
Friendly bar and waiting staff all add to the lovely atmosphere.
Would definately recommend and we will be back.