“Fabulous Guest House!”
Review of Hazel Court

Hazel Court
Ranked #1 of 2 Llanwern B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Wonderful experience. Noelle, the proprietor, is fabulous, very kind. One night I came home starving and she had made a fresh Minestrone Soup, which she offered me. Life-saver! and it was delicious. I stayed for four nights and loved the quiet and the countryside. Good walks and clean air! Also very convenient to Caerleon, South Wales in general, the Wye Valley, Bath and Bristol. Food was excellent. Rooms very nice and everything was clean and well-maintained.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I recently stayed at Hazel Court whilst visiting Newport for a conference last week. It is a great value bed & breakfast in very peaceful surroundings. I found Noelle, the landlady, to be extremely efficient and helpful. The room I stayed in was both comfortable and clean. It’s also in a great location for the Celtic Manor (where my conference was). In short, Hazel Court is a cracking little B&B.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We spent two nights at Hazel Court while seeing the countryside. The room was a bit small, but we slept well. Breakfast was good and well prepared. The road to the b&b is very tight - we didn't meet anyone but I'm pretty sure one or the other would have to back up! Not sure who was in the room above us but they must have been practicing marching band. Good night - how could you need to stomp around that much at night??

And here's a hint to all B&Bs that advertise free wifi - LEAVE THE PASSWORD IN THE ROOM! Our hostess was out when we arrived and we didn't meet her until the next morning.

1  Thank Jean J
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We were attending a wedding at Celtic Manor and stayed here for the night. It was the best nights sleep I have had in a long while. The addition of bath robes in the room was a great touch. Decent sized cups for the necessary tea drinking and being offered a jug of 'real milk' instead of the uht packs was a nice touch. Breakfast was one of the best we have had it was well cooked an ample size, also provided were homemade breakfast muffins, cereal, yoghurt & juice. In the country but close to the main drag, we would recommend Hazel Court as a place to stay, good value for money.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

The location of this beautiful guest house B&B was in a beautiful setting in the countryside, but only seven minutes away from major road and shopping mall.The room was very nice, with a very comfortable bed, sofa, beautiful views, a nice shower, and a freshly prepared breakfast in an elegant dining room, giving the feeling of being home! We have never stayed in this type of accommodation, but we would definitely stay there again if the opportunity arises! There is a beautiful garden with outside seating, and you can watch a horse or two graze. It was simply a beautiful place and setting. And to top it all off, Noelle, the owner, was very helpful and warm to all of her guests, making you feel that you were family! We highly recommend it!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

My first time at this guest house on my visits to Newport and it will not be the last. Very comfortable and quiet with an excellent freshly cooked breakfast. I only gave 4 stars for 'sleep quality' but that is because I am very picky and use a Tempur mattress at home for my arthritis. Otherwise I can definitely agree with all the previous comments about the quality of the accommodation.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Just 100% for comfort, hospitality, breakfast and location, near enough to Newport to eat out in the evening, but far enough away to ensure a quiet stay!

The room was fitted out with great looking furniture, very comfortable beds and was nicely decorated. An excellent shower, even luxury dressing gowns if you needed them.

Breakfast was a delight, something for everybody here!

Many thanks!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llanwern
The Priory Hotel & Restaurant
#8 of 18 in Newport
Celtic Manor Resort
Celtic Manor Resort
#4 of 18 in Newport

Been to Hazel Court? Share your experiences!