We stayed at The Bell to celebrate my wife's birthday. The Inn is set in peaceful countryside by the side of a river and it is all very pretty. It is not cheap, our B&B deal was £170 and there does not appear to be any "special offers". Our room was spacious, well equipped, overlooked the river and was comfortable. Welsh breakfast was fine. Our disappointment came from dinner. The restaurant was very quiet (max of 7 people) so it lacked atmosphere. The meal was very much "nouvelle cuisine" 3 scallops for £9:50 and sirloin of beef @ £18:50 which consisted of approx 6 thin slices of beef approx 2 inches by 1. However, the worst experience was my wife's Welsh lamb which was tough and chewy and although my wife was offered alternatives by that time the moment had gone. In the end we were not charged for the lamb. We were also annoyed by flies in the restaurant, attempting to land on the food. Staff said they sprayed but that's what you get being near a river (?).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pub/Inn, Hotel (Licensed, Offering Real Ales and large wine list with 11 luxury en-suite letting rooms in rural location. Car parking. Vegetarians, Children, Special Diets, Organic Products catered for. Eating outside and in Dining rooms. River and country views ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your The Bell at Skenfrith reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Bell At Skenfrith Hotel Skenfrith
- The Bell At Skenfrith Wales