We enjoyed lunch at the Bell on a lovely sunny day. On arrival the girl behind the bar welcomed us with a big smile and established that we would like a coffee and biscuits with lunch to follow in about an hour. Unfortunately homemade biscuits weren't available but her colleague (a more formal young man) led us to a table and took our order. We sat at a wooden table on a pleasant patio in the rear garden overlooking the hilly countryside. There is also a pleasant dining area inside overlooking the patio and garden and comfy sofas and chairs around coffee tables in the bar area with a log fire in the winter.Quality magazines and local papers are available for non residents to read in this zone.
Coffee was reasonably priced and good quality. There is a varied lunch menu from light bites including soup and or sandwiches all at reasonable prices plus a more formal 2 or 3 course meal. We didn't require wine so can't comment on this.
The meal was good quality and the ambience (minus the wasps) very enjoyable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pub/Inn, Hotel (Licensed, Offering Real Ales and large wine list with 11 luxury en-suite letting rooms in rural location. Car parking. Vegetarians, Children, Special Diets, Organic Products catered for. Eating outside and in Dining rooms. River and country views ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, LateRooms, Priceline, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your The Bell at Skenfrith reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Bell At Skenfrith Hotel Skenfrith
- The Bell At Skenfrith Wales