Review Highlights
Incredible tour :)

Many thanks to Dave ! And watch out for some of the pigs :) One of them bite me :) Sharks, pigs... read more

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 4 days ago
lifeguard2020
Flight & Small Group Tour

3N’s was amazing! Caption Dave was awesome and we got to do everything on the tour, even with the... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
kyliep562

Recommended experiences in and around Staniel Cay
from $379.00
from $399.00
from $549.00
from $399.00
More Info
All reviews earlier flight captain dave return flight private trip amazing trip vacation services flamingo air tour company bucket list sand bar bread nurse sharks swimming pigs thunderball grotto iguana island nassau boats
Selected filters
Reviewed April 8, 2019

This tour exceeded our expectations! Our Captain was so knowledgeable and took us to each spot at the perfect time. He also ensured our safety throughout, and gave us detailed safety tips before each destination. You could see the difference in comparison to other tours that stopped at the same time. Their guides gave them no direction, and they were getting bit by the pigs! In the end, my husband and I said we felt like we ripped them off, because this honestly could have been a much more expensive tour. We are already looking forward to booking this again in the future, and will be highly recommending them to all of our family and friends.

Date of experience: April 2019
EMBRACEResort, General Manager at 3N's Vacation Services, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2019

Hello Elizabeth!

Thank you so much for your kind review! We're very happy that Captain Dave treated you well and that you enjoyed our tour!

We always try our best to outdo the rest! ;)

We look forward to having you back!

Please feel free to send me an email so I can personally book your next tour and give you a little surprise. :)

Look forward to having you!

Natajia

Reviewed April 8, 2019

I did my Swimming with the Pigs excursion yesterday. Unfortunately for our group we had Captain Dave. The first thing that came out of his mouth was "This was suppose to be my day off and I don't want to be here". Automatically this left a sour taste in my mouth. He could have felt that way but he didn't have to verbally express it to all of us. Since I was there solo I still want to make the best out of my excursion and ignored him.

When we got to our first destination at the Grotto -the first thing he said was "If you don't know how to swim don't go in the water. I don't feel like doing CPR today". I found this extremely rude. I have done excursions all over the world-Australia, Mexico, Philippines just to name a few and I have never had a captain not encourage us to do what we paid for. For weak swimmers they usually throw out a life saver or an inner tube. I am not a strong swimmer and have always had someone willing to help me. So myself and some of the other people wanted to know how deep the water was around the boat but the others were not brave to ask him. I kindly asked him and he got extremely angry (I don't even remember what his response was since I was so shocked by his negative response) and I never got my answer. The other captain on the boat "Miss Behavin" was extremely active with his group and was even in the water with his group. Since I am not a strong swimmer I I decided not to go into the Grotto but I still want to snorkel around the boat. I had even pack my own snorkel gear from home. I needed a life jacket and when I asked him for one he acted really disgusted. I only saw kid's size life jacket on the boat. I told him those won't work for me. He rudely said "I didn't say we didn't have adult ones" Well he also didn't say he had adult life jackets. So he had to open up a new package of the adult life vest (I guess it was a hassle for him to rip the thin plastic off the package) I started to look around for something to hold to on the side of the boat in case I needed help while in the water because he flat out said he wasn't helping. He heard me tell another person that I was looking for something to hold on to but didn't bother telling me that there was a ladder at the back of the boat. Instead he proceeded to verbally admonished me on how I was wasting time and we were on a time schedule. Once again this is not my first excursion so I know we spend a certain amount of time at each place and once I see the rest of the people returning from the Grotto I would have gotten out of the water. So by this time I had enough with his negative attitude.

When we arrived at our third stop (swimming with the nurse shark. no professional cameras allowed) I was extremely dehydrated. I had to spend $4 on a bottle of water. After I purchased my water he then tells the group that he had free waters. I asked for one and when he opened up the cooler there were literally 7 (that was the number of people in our group) of the tiny 8 fluid ounce bottles (with Halloween pictures on them and this was in April) in the cooler. He gave me the option to take a bottle with ice or no ice. I took both as I am not a child.

When he dropped us off at the restaurant he did not tell us that we had to gather all of our stuff from the boat. Some of the other people were confused also. So I had to confirm with him that we needed to take everything from the boat and he stated yes. It's a shame he couldn't waste 5 seconds of his time to say "take all of your belongings".

All in all I tried to make the best of my excursion but with a rude captain it was really difficult. We couldn't ask him simple questions related to his job. I am extremely disappointed. If I wanted to get treated like crap I would have paid for the speed boat tour which is over a $100 cheaper.

Date of experience: April 2019

Dear Patty,

Thanks for your feedback. I can respect that my reply to this email which you sent me was not satisfying for you and I honestly am sorry. After replying to you I showed your email to Captain Dave as well to show him how terribly you felt. He was very sorry about it and noted that there may have been some miscommunications that happened during your interaction which lead to your feeling of disrespect and he is sorry if what he said or did made you feel uncomfortable or disrespected. He never intended to disrespect you or give you the sense that he didn't want to help, but sometimes our actions can be misinterpreted.

Again I know our small gestures can't bring back the day but the offers I sent on the email are still available.

In case the email got lost here again is my reply:

Dear Patty,

I honestly and truly am speechless. I am sorry I took so long to reply, but I had to read your email 3 times to make sure I was reading it all fully and correctly.

I am ashamed honestly at the way you were treated. Please forgive us because this is most definitely not the 3N's way *at all*.

As you noted it doesn't matter whether it was his off day or not he should never treat a guest that way! I know you paid your hard earned money to join our tour and it is truly a pity that you weren't able to get the personalized and welcoming experience you deserve.

I have also done several tours and excursions through Africa, Middle East etc and I am currently in China and I can agree that no matter where I go I expect a level of service and surely a level of respect.

Ms. Patty I am so sorry you were robbed of that and I know that my apologies can't bring back the day or make you more comfortable, but I just want you to know that as a traveller myself I know what it's like to get horrible service and from your recollection I would bet this is high on the list of one of your worst experiences.

That is probably what hurts me the most. Of course as a travel company we don't want our reputation to be negative on TripAdvisor, but more importantly than that I don't want you to leave with such a terrible outlook on 3N's.

That said, I have refunded 50% if the price you paid which is the cost of the tour. Sadly I am not able to refund the other half which is the flight portion, because that is with Flamingo Air.

In addition, I would love to invite you to join another tour with another captain if you still have time in Nassau, because I really want you to see and experience the beauty and full enjoyment of my home.

Your refund should be in your account within the next 48 hours.

I know I can't repair your day Patty, but I hope these small gestures would help and I would love to arrange for you to come back and do the tour again with us so we can give you the experience you deserve.

I will await your reply at your convenience.

With sincere and humble apologies,

Natajia

Reviewed March 31, 2019

Everything was very organized and made planning it from Nassau very easy! Captain Dave was very informative. He always warned of safety precautions and kept us ahead of the crowds. It was a great day!

2  Thank stephaniebono15
Reviewed March 23, 2019

The Fantastic part:
1. Nicole and how she arranged and planned everything including the booking of our flights with Flamingo Air.

2. Dave, our tour guide. His sense of humor is brilliant, with one or two pinches of sarcasm, which I love. If you're not able to laugh about yourself you won't like him, but if you do you will definitely have a good time. Additionally he seems to be extremely experienced as a boatman and guide with great knowledge of the nature and history of the Bahamas. He also gives good tips on how to interact with all the animals, so no one of our fairly small group (8 people) got bitten.

@Dave: I accidentally took the sunscreen you borrowed me back to Nassau. I'm so sorry! I'll bring a new one the next time we'll go on tour, which definitely will happen. ;)

The adventurous part:
1. Being so close to those amazing animals. I didn't expect it, but especially interacting with the sharks was really impressive, glad we did this stop. The pigs were super cute and really easy to handle, which we didn't expect either, hearing of people being bitten and so on. They were very nice. We loved the Iguanas and the sandbank stop aswell, but we wouldn't regret skipping the Thunderball Grotto. It's quite somber in there, and the strong current a bit frightening. Unexperienced swimmers shouldn't get in there. But again, Dave is aware of that and takes care everybody get's back alive.

2. But nothing was as adventurous as our flight from and back to Nassau with Flamingo Air. Those planes (approx. 15 seats) are wrecks which fly. Seriously. There was one woman 2 seats in front of mine, on the edge of passing out, who literally prayed the whole 25 minutes of our flight. And I'm sure those prayers saved our lives, anything else would be unexplainable. Just to give you a few examples: My security belt was broken and wouldn't close. On both flights. Some Metal from the air condition (not working) was loose and about to fall down on me. I jammed it back, it didn't fell down. I was surprised. There were dents and broken plastic parts all over, I don't know how they got there. So, if you're looking for some adventures, and an amazing view from above of the Bahamas, take that flight. Btw, the pilots seemed quite confident and experienced.

I guess the next time I'll try to get there by boat or somehow else. My girlfriend really enjoyed that flight though. "It's finally something different compared to those boring flights, almost like a rollercoaster", she said.

Conclusion: Do it! It's an amazing experience and worth every Dollar.

Reviewed March 21, 2019

3N's "tour guide" offered none of the items promised in the listing (they were on the boat, but never mentioned – we had to hand out the water, towels were in a bundle on the boat's console, etc.), but most troubling of all is that our guide gave absolutely no instruction about safety. Within one minute of arriving at the pigs, my wife received a serious bite. After repeated requests were dismissed, he finally produced a first aid kit and threw it on the seat and left us again, with my wife crying and bleeding profusely. The items in the kit were expired (pictured).

We stopped at a location where a medic was promised to look at the bite. He boarded the boat, rather than offering any opportunity of privacy on land, and checked out and cleaned the wound in front of all of the other tour participants. This was very distressing for my wife. She then required a visit (at our expense of course) to a run down medical clinic (a house in which laundry was hanging and dinner was being cooked), where a tetanus shot was given. Since then, she has had several doctors' appointments with several more in her future to receive multiple rabies shots. We are heading out in 15 minutes to go for another. There is no guarantee at this point that the shots will prevent rabies (which is almost always fatal).

Her very painful wound (pictured) meant that she was not allowed into water for the rest of our $10k vacation at Atlantis – no swimming or alcohol allowed on a water park resort vacation? Thanks, 3N's.

The guide, after the bite, offhandedly said, "yeah, I saw three bites yesterday!" as if this is an expected and acceptable occurrence. If this is happening on a regular basis, some precautions and instruction should be introduced. At least some kind of warning, other than just saying, "who wants to jump in?!" when you arrive.

While on the island, I witnessed the guides hitting the pigs very hard. Participants from other tours were also harassing and mishandling the iguanas and pigs. Several of the pigs were clearly sick (diseased skin, etc.). This tour activity should be restricted, regulated, or stopped. Will be posting a video shortly, and recommending that this activity be limited or at least regulated and that this company in particular is willfully negligent.

3N's not only pretended afterwards that they, "did warn her!" (which they definitely did not), they brought more employees over at the restaurant afterwards to attempt to convince her that it was her fault. This was infuriating. We felt threatened and unsafe while waiting the several hours to be able to fly back to Nassau.

Avoid this company. If you are intent on visiting these harassed pigs (which we have since learned are dying from eating too much sand from being fed on the beach), be aware that multiple people are being bitten every day, and they are carrying diseases that can be seen by the naked eye.

We both agreed that you couldn't pay us enough to go anywhere with the 3N's company, and I will definitely be issuing a chargeback for this complete disaster.

1  Thank klaatu42
EMBRACEResort, Owner at 3N's Vacation Services, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to send your feedback. I apologize for my tardy response, but I really had to do some investigations and get more details before I responded to this. I understand that this must have been a traumatizing experience for you and I am very sorry that you were bit and wish that never happened. I would think that was why that many aspects of the situation were a bit overstated and amplified and some important details were overlooked. I'll go through each area you discussed in order to ensure you get a detailed reply and hopefully better understanding:
1. Items on the boat - We had one of our very good friends and guests on the tour with you and I asked them about the items being available. They assured me that all items were available and mentioned by the captain.
2. The biting by the pig- This part was most troubling for me and I'm sure for you as well. After investigation I understand that the reason you were bit so badly is because of your interaction to the baby pig who was suckling. Of course we never want any of our guests to be bit, but at the same time we must protect and ensure the safety and comfortability of the pigs as well. As I understand from the other guest on the boat with you the reason for the deep bite is because you removed a pig who was being breastfed to take a photo. This enraged the mother pig and that's why you were bit and also bit so badly. It's true that there have been other guests who came on tours and gotten a little nip because the pig mistaked their behinds for food, but I couldn't understand why this bite was so deep. I understand now that it's because the mother pig bit you intentionally. As I understand you were warned repeatedly not to touch the baby pigs while they were being fed, but insisted to take a photo with the baby pig. Of course as I said I am so sorry that you had this happen to you, but please understand from a human and a mammal perspective. The mother pig was only looking out for her newborn babe. If I put myself in her position as a mother I may have acted aggressively as well. Any animal that feels there young is in danger especially while feeding would react similarly. I'm not saying that biting you was the right thing to do by any means, but I hope that from a primal perspective you can understand why this injury took place.

3. The first aid kit: Thank you so much for bringing that to our attention! We've since changed out all the products. Sadly because we usually don't use it we don't check in on it as we should, but now after this incident we'll be much more vigilant and ensure that the items are updated.
4. Again I understand that this was a traumatizing experience for you, but bleeding profusely isn't how I would have explained the wound. As the image that you displayed show though there was some bruising, but there was no need for stitches or anything beyond a cleaning and a few bandages as your description of the wound would make it seem.
5. The medic: I apologize that the medic was not aware that you preferred privacy. After speaking with him, it was his understanding that you wanted your wife to be treated as soon as possible and that's why he didn't offer to take her to another location. If he was aware that privacy was your main concern he would have definitely treated her in a more private location. Usually in my experience that's not how EMT's work, they usually do the needed treatments on location. Again if your wife had verbalized her distress in the situation he would have honored her request and taken her to another location.
6. I'm sorry that our clinic standards are not as it may be in a big city, but this is all we have. Please understand that Staniel Cay is a very small community and thus we don't really have high end clinics or a hospital. What we have is a government funded clinic with a nurse to assist the needs of the locals and our guests and I apologize that it's not exactly what you're use to, but again it's all we have available. Also, if you'd like us to refund you the $50 for your tetanus shot please send me an email, I'd be happy to do so. Also just to clarify the clinic is not a house. There is a house which is behind the clinic which is the nurses quarters. This is so that in case of emergency the nurse can conveniently get to the clinic to assist those in need.
7. Multiple rabies shots: Sir, with all due respect after speaking with those that treated you I can assure you that multiple rabies shots are definitely not required. I wouldn't advise you to spend the money on it personally. Also regarding not being able to go in the water I'm not sure why that is. Is it because of the injection? I was told that you were asked not to go in the ocean for 48 hours in order to avoid infection, but the pool is fine. I'm not sure if that 48 hours is what you're equating to your $10,000 vacation. Also alcohol doesn't interfere with the vaccine so I'm not sure why she wasn't able to drink alcohol for the remainder of the trip either.

8. I spoke to the other guests as well about whether precautions were given and they confirmed that our captain did say "Be careful and remember that these pigs are wild animals" You're also right that a few people have been bitten lately. One of them went viral on instagram, but again normally these bites are unintentional and just small scrapes. We'd like to avoid them happening at all and that's why we do our best to inform our guests how to interact with the pigs to avoid this happening. That being said the bites are not a normal occurrence for every 100-200 guests that come to do the tour maybe 2-5 receive small bites or nudges.
9. Guides hitting the pigs & pigs are carrying diseases: Sir, again with all due respect I'll have to humbly refute your claim regarding the hitting of the pigs and them being diseased. These pigs are like neighbors to Staniel Cay and Exuma Cays captains and for those that come from other islands if one of our captains were to see them hitting or in any way harming the pigs we would stop it on the spot. We'd never put the pigs in the way of danger because they are a part of our community. I again checked with our captain as well as the other guest on the boat with you and both said there was no hitting at all. The only thing that I can think of that you may be referring to are the stomach taps when some of the captains pet Dumpling (pig's name) on the stomach to get him to lay down. I think Dumpling really likes it actually.
9A) The pigs are most definitely not diseased. There is a veterinarian that comes in to see the pigs on a monthly basis to ensure their health. If you're comment regarding "diseased skin" is referring to the fact that they don't have any hair, that's probably because they play and swim out in the water all day. These pigs are very special and have very special lifetimes so they will have some differences between themselves and some pigs you may find on a farm, but to call them diseased looking is a bit of an insult to them, the locals that take care of them and also to the vets that come in regularly to treat them.
10. I apologize if those other persons at the restaurant seemed a bit brisk with you, but they heard about your wife taking the pig away from the mother while she was feeding and they thought it was essential to admonish you for that behaviour. Again these pigs to the residents are more than just "Cash cows" that live next door. We really do take their wellbeing at heart and that's why some of the locals were a bit riled up after hearing about what happened. That's in no way saying that it was right.You and your wife had already went through a lot during the day with the bite so having locals come and scold you probably made matters worse and I'm sorry for that.

11. To your last paragraph: A) The pigs are the happiest pigs in the world and probably some of the most well taken care of for anything other than being eaten at some point. B) The pigs were (past tense) not dying of sand indegestion they were not drinking enough water and had digestive issues. We've since installed the freshwater system and now they are healthy as can be. C) Being bitten is not a daily occurence as you've mentioned D) The pigs are most definitely not diseased. E) I apologise again for what happened I can't say enough how sorry I am that your wife was bitten and I hope that the above sheds a bit more light on what happened to help you to be more understanding of the matter.

Nikki