It is difficult to make a reservation here but if you are a diver-be persistent! The diving and the dive operation are excellent!! World class walls, unbelievable visibility (200 ft!) and hammerheads!! Dive operation pampers each diver by delivering gear, changing tanks/equipment, rinsing, etc. Dive masters very safe, knowledgable and fun! Go for the week; best deal w/meals and charter from FLL, island tour, etc. This is a place for divers as there is little else to do on the island but a great way to see the real island life (as opposed to Nassau/Freeport). Food is abundant but advise ahead if vegatarian. Hotel rooms are adequate, staff friendly and anything lacking will be made up by the diving!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The small island of San Salvador in the Bahamas, just 360 miles southeast of Miami, is undisputedly one of the premier scuba diving and fishing Mecca's of the world. Perched on a pinnacle and washed by warm breezes and clear azure waters, San Salvador is also home to Riding Rock Resort and Marina.Riding Rock Resort and Marina was built, custom designed for dive travelers and anglers alike, with all of the facilities close at hand. Nearly 50 years later, the property continues to host dive groups, fishing groups and individuals from around the world who come to experience the quality and diversity of diving and fishing for which San Salvador is legendary. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Riding Rock Inn Resort And Marina Hotel San Salvador
- Riding Rock Hotel And Marina
- Riding Rock Inn Resort And Marina Bahamas/San Salvador