Riding Rock is a 2 minute drive from the airport which is great if you've had a long flight. Check in was quick and easy. Rooms are very basic. 2 beds, small TV with a remote, AC and a small bathroom. Room was cleaned everyday. They do need major upgrades however. AC is loud and I found it hard to fall asleep. I would have liked to have left the patio door open, but there is no screen door. Bathroom shower head is clogged up and takes forever just to get your hair wet. The food some days was amazing and other days average. Breakfast was the same everyday, and after the 4th day I'd go to a little cafe down the street just after the dock and buy something there. (For lunch they make a killer Philly cheese steak.) If you're not picky about what you eat, you won't mind the food. A few of us got tired of the selection and paid $90 to go have the supper buffet at Club Med next door. A quick 5 minute drive, or a good 20 minute walk. (well worth the money) Service was great all around. Peaches at the Driftwood bar was great.
Diving: We had 3 dives a day included. Each dive site was amazing and unique. This was the first time I had seen a hammerhead shark or even reef sharks. John the dive-master was great and knowledgeable, and Bruce the captain and his adorable dog Jazzy was top notch. Best diving I have seen so far in the Caribbean.
Overall: Best vacation I've ever been on. Would I go back? NO, Would I recommend a friend to stay here? NO but do I regret going? Absolutely not. The amazing diving, friendly people more than make up for the little annoyances. If I were to go back to San Salvador it would be to the Club Med where you can dive with Nitrox and eat amazing food everyday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The small island of San Salvador in the Bahamas, just 360 miles southeast of Miami, is undisputedly one of the premier scuba diving and fishing Mecca's of the world. Perched on a pinnacle and washed by warm breezes and clear azure waters, San Salvador is also home to Riding Rock Resort and Marina.Riding Rock Resort and Marina was built, custom designed for dive travelers and anglers alike, with all of the facilities close at hand. Nearly 50 years later, the property continues to host dive groups, fishing groups and individuals from around the world who come to experience the quality and diversity of diving and fishing for which San Salvador is legendary. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Riding Rock Inn Resort And Marina Hotel San Salvador
- Riding Rock Hotel And Marina
- Riding Rock Inn Resort And Marina Bahamas/San Salvador