Just returned from a great week at Columbus Isle. This trip we took our 19 and 22 year old daughters who had a great time!.
The resort is very nice and was full as it was French Vacation time. There were more kids than normal and for a village with no kids club, can be a challenge but the GO's did a great job. JC and his amazing team, especially JuJu who hopefully will have his own village soon! are the best. I have never met a pair of managers who knew what was going on all over village and were so visible. We knew that at 830am when tennis lesson started they would visit and then they would be walking the beach and at tennis tournament start at 430 and then at dinner. Great ambassadors. We will follow them to whatever village they at!
The sailing team rocked. they had to deal with some bad weather but were very patient in dealing with all types of requests. Kudo's to Pierce, Amanda and leader Mamado who are the best. They took care of us whether sailing or kayak or paddle board. Amanda would make a great chief of sport and there is not a nicer person than Pierce!
Tennis was a little lacking. no cohesion on team. Felt that two team members isolated the one non french speaker and gave her larger workload. Example, one lesson she had 8 people and one of guys took additional 1 person by self and left her with all 8. There is not lots of coaching at this village by tennis team like there is at other villages. if you want good lessons then not the place. nice courts, nice people but just very general exercises not overly coaching. Tournaments ran well though. Barb did great job considering team support.
Food. Ivan and his team does a great job. Each meal was great and lots of selection. sometimes not all variety you want due to all produce having to be imported but the kitchen staff was amazing.
Take bug spray. Mosquitoes and Sand fleas. take after bite or meds to deal with them and follow instructions in room for dealing with Sand Fleas. only problem i have here is i always get lots of bites!
One of my favorite club meds due to existing staff and the great location. looking forward to renovations this early fall and will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the refinement of the Bahamas during your stay at Columbus Isle. The heavenly all-inclusive resort of Columbus Isle is a paradise for diving and honeymoon vacations. Travel to Club Med Columbus Isle as a couple and enjoy a carefree all-inclusive vacation in this secluded resort on the Caribbean Sea. Indulge in a massage* by the ocean or relax by the pristine beach. As one of the top 5 wall diving destinations in the Caribbean, this luxurious hideaway is also the best luxury resort for couples. This environmentally-friendly resort also offers a wide range of activities and sports for adults. No matter what your travel expectations are, you'll find the amenities at Columbus Isle to be more refined than anywhere else: premium oceanfront accommodations, oceanfront massage* palapas, and scuba diving* in one of the best diving spot worldwide. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med Columbus Isle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Columbus Isle Hotel San Salvador
- Club Med San Salvador
- San Salvador Club Med
- Columbus Isle Club Med
- Club Med Columbus Isle Bahamas/San Salvador