“Always fresh”

Cuisines: Bahamian
Rockport, Texas
“Always fresh”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Our first night on Green Turtle was also our first trip to the Bahamas so really did not know what to expect but as we drove by Macintosh's on the way to the grocery store the outdoor sign announced it was lobster night and had them listed more ways than I could imagine. So a quick trip and unloaded the groceries we were on our way and am I glad we did. I chose the coconut lobster and my wife the grilled, both were excellent the coconut lightly breaded and fried and the grilled was done to perfection. For sides we had the mac and cheese, coleslaw and plantains all great choices. Although we didn't save room for dessert we took some home for later chocolate cookies and cream brownie and pineapple upside down cake that made great desert bites for several days.

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank mwctx

Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
“Pleasantly Surprised”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We had stopped at Green Turtle on our way from Manjack to Guana to do a little shopping and to have lunch at Pineapples. I should have known that during off season on a Sunday was not a good time to stop at Green Turtle as everything was closed including Pineapples. A local, sitting on his porch told us that Macintosh's was open and we should head there for lunch. We were a little skeptical at first, but the food came out quickly and was very, very delicious. I had the lobster salad sandwich, which was done with a Bahamian kick and not you normal New England style, only complaint is that is was too small, I could have easily eaten two of them. The Mac N Cheese was great as well, reminded me of the kind my Aunt from Alabama makes. My sister and her husband had cracked conch and had nothing but good things to say about it. We also got some homemade cake to go. It didn't survive the boat ride to Guana, if you know what I mean. Next time we are in Green Turtle we will definitely eat here again.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Jason B
Lake Mary, Florida
“Never miss this place when we visit”
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Don't miss the cracked conch, cracked lobster, mac'n'cheese, cole slaw(with just the right amount of pineapple), ribs and the island's best ice cream. A great family run business that's not to miss.

Visited July 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Good breakfast option”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Since there are limited breakfast options available on Green Turtle Cay, we enjoyed breakfast here several mornings. The food is good, the service is good, and the waitress is very accommodating. They also sell fresh bakery products, so get it while you can! Sporatic with their a/c tho. If it's not on, guess all you can do is ask.

• Visited June 2013