“Disappointing ,all a little stuffy for the Bahamas ,it had a library atmosphere ,food average and service ok”

Green Turtle Club and Marina
Cuisines: Caribbean, Bar, Seafood, Bahamian, American, International
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Scenic view, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Naples, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
Reviewed February 25, 2014

All a bit stuffy for the Bahamas ,food average ,not a very relaxed atmosphere.......................,,,,

Visited February 2014

Saratoga Springs, New York, United States
“Unexpectedly Disappointing”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I have been to the Green Turtle Club's casual waterfront dining restaurant on more occasions than I can count, as we often go there for lunch on our boat. This time, I took the water taxi from Treasure Cay, and rented a golf cart in New Plymouth ($30 for the day) in order to have lunch here and then do a tour of the town and beaches.

The restaurant had one other table of diners when I was seated, so there was no excuse for the poor quality of food that they served nor the lack of attention, as they were not busy.

My Tipsy Turtle (house special drink) took about 15-20 minutes to arrive. I ordered the Fish and Chips. I requested that the French fries be very, very crisp - almost burnt - with a side of mayonnaise. I also ordered a small Mediterranean salad. I anticipated that the fish would be a large filet or two. What arrived were what we call Grouper Fingers in The Bahamas. That would have been fine if the fish, which was advertised as 'fried in a light batter', was crisp instead of just past the raw batter stage. The fries were also soggy. No mayonnaise. I think the most unsettling part was that the salad, which looked good, arrived swimming in an inch (yes, an inch) of dressing, rendering it inedible.

The server 'disappeared' after she delivered my meal, so I was not able to send the food back within a reasonable amount of time. I scraped off the batter and ate the fish, which was fresh. When the waitress finally did return, she offered to replace the salad but I was done eating. In her defense, she removed the salad charge from the check without being asked.

I have had much better meals here, so this was a terrible disappointment. I hope that it was just an "off" day.

• Visited February 2014
Valle Crucis, North Carolina
“Best food in the Abacos”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We love, LOVE the Green Turtle Club. The lobster salad, grouper nantua and conch chowder are our favorites :-)
Make sure to leave a signed dollar on the wall (or where you find a spot) in the bar.

• Visited July 2013
Rochester, New York
“Great Spot”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We stopped by The Green Turtle Club on our boat for lunch. There was plenty of available dock space. The service was very friendly in the restaurant and timely. I had their Conch chowder which was very good and full of fresh Conch. I had a greek salad with grilled grouper. I have to say that my grouper was not as good as it should have been. Other lunch items order by my family were very good though. My son had a delicious roast beef sandwich.
You have to walk into the bar to take a peek. The walls are line actually layered with signed dollar bills from all over the globe. On the ceiling are Burgees from all over as well. Its a great spot and Im sure a fun place for a cocktail.
I would absolutely return!

Visited February 2014
“Great lunch!”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

We visited with friend and the staff was super nice and the food was absolutely great. If you get a chance, this small island will not disappoint!

Visited January 2014