“special place with special people: Brendals dive center”

Brendal's Dive Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Estb in 1985 over 25 years of experience.Platinum Pro Instructor over 5000 students taught!Bahamas Tourism CACIQUE Award winners for Tourism Finest in Sustainable Tourism Award in 2005!Come see why: National GEO,CNN Travel,Caribbean Travel, Diver UK, Discovery Channel, OutDoor Journal, Ming's Quest Fine Living Channel, Taste Williams-Sonoma, Gourmet US & Australian & Frommer's March 2009 Featured as Caribbean's Best 5 Dive Destinations. Co-Founder of the 1st Lion Fish Derby in 2009 and the International Miss Universe Event 2009 and Brendal has been selected as Official Bahamian Personality in 2008. The Center is a small operation where you will meet and be guided by the owner along with a hand picked staff and crew to help and guide in the seas & tours. Wild Turtle & Dolphin EncountersFresh Seafood Beach BBQ (hand feed the rays) Day, Grouper, Tropicals, Tarpon, Historic Wreck, Reef & Corals, swim through sunlighted caverns filled with silversides, Eagle Rays, macro life too. Courses from Try Scuba, E learning and Scuba Leadership courses. Sailing, Kayaking, Stand on paddle boards too ! Custom packages & private charters are available. Small groups and families are our specialty ! Hope to hear from you so we can share our seas, beaches for a truly Bahamian experience here on Green Turtle Cay, Abaco, Bahamas. MSN TRAVEL listed in 10 Bahamas Wild Life experiences not to miss April 2016.
Reviewed August 14, 2013

My husband and one daughter are certified divers but the other daughter had to complete her checkout dive with the great Brendal himself. what a fantastic teacher and a really fun guy. My daughter was very nervous about diving due to medical issues and after her first lesson with Brendal her enthusiasm to dive the next day was amazing. My family had the most memorable diving experience with Brendal and his crew (BJ & Daniel) and of course Mary who did everything else and is the other master of this operation. Mary and Brendal are the perfect team of this dive center: she takes care of everything above ground and he rules under water. We would recomend their services to everyone who visits GTC , we hope to enjoy more of their specials such as the famous picnic and island hopping. My only regret was not getting a photo of Brendal in his speedo, whatever his age, he looks fantastic. We hope to visit again in the near future. Thanks, Brendal et al

2  Thank Prema G

Reviewed August 11, 2013

My husband and I were married on Green Turtle Cay 20 years ago, and we took our kids back to celebrate our anniversary in June. The kids (ages 10 and 12) got certified to dive in the spring, and Brendal's was their first ocean experience. They had an amazing time! BJ was extra attentive to their needs on their very first dive, and because of the great service, their first experience was problem-free. We saw rays, sharks, a giant logger-head turtle, thousands of fish, and we had an amazing cavern dive. We went on five dives with Brendal while we were in the Bahamas, and he and his sons made it a great experience. We highly recommend the adventure day where Brendal and sons took us to a private beach, served us up an amazing meal of grouper and conch salad (plus a lively rum punch), and we hand fed stingrays in the water just off the beach. Unforgettable!!

1  Thank Laura B
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We found one. My wife, daughter and I needed a break from our busy lives and chose Green Turtle Cay. We always include dives as part of our trips and scheduled our dives with Mary prior to our arrival. This was our first visit to the island and had no idea we would have as much fun as we did. I want to thank Brendal and his family for the wonderful dives and making us feel like we were part of their dive family. We have dove as a family for many years and really appreciated the time and effort taken to make sure we had the best dives the Green Turtle Cay area had to offer. That being said we cant wait to come back and do it again. Thanks Guys

Reviewed July 28, 2013

The fifteen of us on the boat were all snorkelers and after watching Brendal's son, CJ, clean the conch for our conch salad we head out to the Atlantic reefs. After finding a spot we anchored and everyone was helped with patience and kindness by Brendal and his sons....they had obviously done this hundreds of times. Everyone was allowed to snorkel until their hearts content. Afterwards we head to Brendal's private picnic spot on the beach. An excellent lunch was served in no time and then we proceeded to place small pieces of fish between our toes while Brendal's pet rays, George, Georgia, and their two youngsters picked the bits of fish from our toes....what a neat experience! We had a really great fun and relaxing day. Yes, Mary could be a little friendlier, but someone has to make sure the business side of things get the i's dotted and the t's crossed in today's litigious world, so perhaps others have mistook her business like manor for rudeness, which in hindsight was not the case. Brendal has a successful family run business that truly caters to the tourists on their vacations. Keep up the good work.

Brendals1985, Owner at Brendal's Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

So glad you and group had a great time & meet some sea life buddies on the tour!
Yes, there is care & concern for everyone and Mary's job is the i's and t's so all paperwork & the guest needs are looked at prior to boarding the vessel to meet the crew so the guests fun and tours can be done smoothly with the gear that fits them.
Hope we see you again on the island !

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Brendal, Mary, B.J. And C.J. - thanks again for making one of my dreams come true, We had the time of our our lives! I thought you were great teachers, and I am so proud of my dive certification. I appreciated the extra time you took with me on getting my ears equalized, Brendal. You all made sure that we saw tons of beauty and sea life in amazing inner space! My favorite, of course, was the giant old sea turtle. I loved diving just as much as I always dreamed I would! The "after dive fun" was almost as good as the diving! The beach picnic was awesome! I really want your secret recipe for the fish, and the conch salad was delicious too! You all made us feel special! Thanks again, and we hope to return and dive with you again.
- Margaret Elliott