“Looking for a laid back vacation ?”

Brendal's Dive Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Estb in 1985 over 25 years of experience.Platinum Pro Instructor over 5000 students taught!Bahamas Tourism CACIQUE Award winners for Tourism Finest in Sustainable Tourism Award in 2005!Come see why: National GEO,CNN Travel,Caribbean Travel, Diver UK, Discovery Channel, OutDoor Journal, Ming's Quest Fine Living Channel, Taste Williams-Sonoma, Gourmet US & Australian & Frommer's March 2009 Featured as Caribbean's Best 5 Dive Destinations. Co-Founder of the 1st Lion Fish Derby in 2009 and the International Miss Universe Event 2009 and Brendal has been selected as Official Bahamian Personality in 2008. The Center is a small operation where you will meet and be guided by the owner along with a hand picked staff and crew to help and guide in the seas & tours. Wild Turtle & Dolphin EncountersFresh Seafood Beach BBQ (hand feed the rays) Day, Grouper, Tropicals, Tarpon, Historic Wreck, Reef & Corals, swim through sunlighted caverns filled with silversides, Eagle Rays, macro life too. Courses from Try Scuba, E learning and Scuba Leadership courses. Sailing, Kayaking, Stand on paddle boards too ! Custom packages & private charters are available. Small groups and families are our specialty ! Hope to hear from you so we can share our seas, beaches for a truly Bahamian experience here on Green Turtle Cay, Abaco, Bahamas. MSN TRAVEL listed in 10 Bahamas Wild Life experiences not to miss April 2016.
Plantation, Florida
“Looking for a laid back vacation ?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

We found one. My wife, daughter and I needed a break from our busy lives and chose Green Turtle Cay. We always include dives as part of our trips and scheduled our dives with Mary prior to our arrival. This was our first visit to the island and had no idea we would have as much fun as we did. I want to thank Brendal and his family for the wonderful dives and making us feel like we were part of their dive family. We have dove as a family for many years and really appreciated the time and effort taken to make sure we had the best dives the Green Turtle Cay area had to offer. That being said we cant wait to come back and do it again. Thanks Guys

Visited July 2013

Lake Mary, Florida
89 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“We had a great time with Brendal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

The fifteen of us on the boat were all snorkelers and after watching Brendal's son, CJ, clean the conch for our conch salad we head out to the Atlantic reefs. After finding a spot we anchored and everyone was helped with patience and kindness by Brendal and his sons....they had obviously done this hundreds of times. Everyone was allowed to snorkel until their hearts content. Afterwards we head to Brendal's private picnic spot on the beach. An excellent lunch was served in no time and then we proceeded to place small pieces of fish between our toes while Brendal's pet rays, George, Georgia, and their two youngsters picked the bits of fish from our toes....what a neat experience! We had a really great fun and relaxing day. Yes, Mary could be a little friendlier, but someone has to make sure the business side of things get the i's dotted and the t's crossed in today's litigious world, so perhaps others have mistook her business like manor for rudeness, which in hindsight was not the case. Brendal has a successful family run business that truly caters to the tourists on their vacations. Keep up the good work.

Visited July 2013
Brendals1985, Owner at Brendal's Dive Center, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
So glad you and group had a great time & meet some sea life buddies on the tour!
Yes, there is care & concern for everyone and Mary's job is the i's and t's so all paperwork & the guest needs are looked at prior to boarding the vessel to meet the crew so the guests fun and tours can be done smoothly with the gear that fits them.
Hope we see you again on the island !
Dalhart
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Bucket List Item Completed With Gold Star!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

Brendal, Mary, B.J. And C.J. - thanks again for making one of my dreams come true, We had the time of our our lives! I thought you were great teachers, and I am so proud of my dive certification. I appreciated the extra time you took with me on getting my ears equalized, Brendal. You all made sure that we saw tons of beauty and sea life in amazing inner space! My favorite, of course, was the giant old sea turtle. I loved diving just as much as I always dreamed I would! The "after dive fun" was almost as good as the diving! The beach picnic was awesome! I really want your secret recipe for the fish, and the conch salad was delicious too! You all made us feel special! Thanks again, and we hope to return and dive with you again.
- Margaret Elliott

Visited June 2013
4 Thank Margaret E
College Station, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Highly Recommend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

My family has been vacationing on this island for many years and every trip has included several outings with Brendal’s Dive Center.

We have experienced many of the dive locations near Green Turtle Cay, and several of the dive locations more than once. Since we can’t choose the weather during our limited stay, it is nice that this operation has a great spot to take divers to on all but the very worst weather conditions. Through the years, weather has forced us to dive the most protected location several times, each dive it offers something new. This year we experienced more up-close turtle encounters than ever before, we were also treated to several eagle rays and many reef sharks during our dives. Since our access to warm, clear water is limited by our vacation schedule, it is an easy choice for us to re-dive the same beautiful location rather than not dive at all.

I believe that the dive boat is well suited for diving. Age is catching up with me, I'm no longer in prime physical condition and I am over-due for a hip replacement but this boat makes my diving easy. The boat’s water-level rear platform allows gentle water entry. Helpful deck-hands to grab your gear prior to exiting the water on a wide & stable ladder takes the strain out of getting back onto the boat.

A previous reviewer mentioned being left in the water. Now that we are experienced divers, our family prefers this option as it allows us to remain in the water for a longer safety stop while we continue to enjoy the shallow side of the reef and extend our dive-time.

From beginning snorkeler to experienced diver, I would highly recommend Brendals Dive Center.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank bgriesbach2012
Fredericksburg, Virginia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Better than I could have possibly dreamed of. Awesome crew!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

I have to start of by saying I also am part of a small family buisness so I understand the hard work and dedication it takes to make a buisness successful. Brendal & Mary severely impressed me with their proffesionalizm, knowledge and friendly welcoming attitude. My Cousin went with me on several dives but had a rough start on her first dive. Brendal saw that she needed a little help and encouragement so he took her by the arm and guided her through the enire 1st dive! She later told me how much more of the finer details of the creatures in the reef she was able to see that without him pointing them out she would never have noticed. This gave her the confidence to make her second dive even more enjoyable. I have been diving on and off for 15 years and the staff at Brendal's has been the best group of folks I have ever delt with in every aspect. You can tell by the way that Brendal and Mary run their buisness that it is clearly not just a job. These guys honestly get great enjoyment out of what they do and are very passionate about the ocean and the life it holds. Even after our dive excurtions were finished we met up with Brendal on several occasions to watch his musical performances at several local bar and grills. When I left Green Turtle Cay I not only felt like I had the greatest diving experience of a lifetime but I had also made new life long friends with Brendal, Mary and their son BJ. If you want outstanding diving on an Island with the friendliest locals you could hope for, then you have to visit the incredible island of Green Turtle Cay and dive with Brendals! Thank you so much to all of you and I look forward to seeing all of you guys again soon.
, Wayne