“Exactly what we were looking for” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Exuma Vacation Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Great Exuma
Exuma Vacation Cottages
nashville
“Exactly what we were looking for”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2010

Remote and quiet. A great price. We highly recommend paddling a kayak over to Moriah Cay for a private getaway. Exuma is excellent if you want to get away from the tourist traps and crowds. If you need 4 star hotels and posh restaurants, try another destination.

The beautiful water was too cool for snorkeling in late February. Valerie was most helpful and knowledgeable . Mike H. Nashville TN

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Wyoming
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2010

We were traveling with a group of students and professors who spent time at the Perry Institute for Marine Science and were looking for an affordable place to stay. Valerie's cottages were on the other end of the island and at first a little hard to find in the dark. The cottages are comfortable, clean, and peaceful. The kitchens are equipped with necessary dishes and equipment. You can see the stunningly blue waters from the veranda. We absolutely loved going out on the kayaks, that can be used at no charge, and exploring the smaller islands and lagoons. Valerie was most helpful when we had questions. Beaches for swimming can be reached within a short drive. The kids went snorkling on beaches where we were the only people! Fabulous!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank beachloverWyoming
tenterden kent
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2010

We very much enjoyed our stay in our detached air conditioned bungalow with its homely feel.The four or five bungalows was a good number to be sociable if wanted or secluded.The pool was a good size and kyaking to the near by desserted islands was idylic.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
philadelphia, pa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2009

My husband & I spent a week at the cottages bonefishing, kayaking and snorkeling - great location! Discovered many secluded beaches and truly enjoyed exploring The Exumas. Keep left.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tina_07648
Wytheville, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2009

This vacation cottage was in a wonderful location and the view couldn't have been more perfect. The cottage was roomy and had all the amenities you would need. Valerie was so helpful and offered her assistance whenever we needed it as well as the use of her boat. My husband and I have been to several of the Out Islands and this was one of the most relaxing trips we have experienced. Also, I've tried on several occasions at other islands to catch a bonefish and I finally caught one not far from the house--on my own. So if you want relaxation, a cottage with a view, bonefish, and assistance whenever you ask, then you need to stay with Valerie at Exuma Vacation Cottages.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
Sidney, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2008

it's too good not to share!! This was absolutely the right place for me although the Exumas are definitely not for everyone - and I am very thankful for that!! If you are looking for turquoise water, sand that is like icing sugar, friendly people and no hassles - folks this is it! And even better, staying at Valerie's gives you a cozy base within walking distance to some of the most beautiful beaches you will ever see. I spent a lot of time sitting on my porch reading or looking at the water. There is adequate space for 2 couples so I almost felt guilty having my little home to myself. The grounds are extensive and lovely, complete with a very nice swimming pool and tons of outdoor furniture. One of my frequent pasttimes was walking down to the dock several times a day - never go anywhere without a camera!! There are so many different fish to watch, and then of course the spectacular view be it the mangroves or looking towards Moriah Cay. Staying at Valerie's is like staying with a favourite aunt ;she is kind, funny and fun. There are a million more things I could say so feel free to contact me. I cannot wait to get back to Exuma and thank you so much to Valerie and Nola and Barbara and Paul and Casper and Bridget!!!

• Liked — everything, it suited me to a T!
  • Disliked — the view, I could waste all morning just gazing at the loveliness surrounding me!! and there were so many beaches waiting!!
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank lumublu
Kodiak, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2008

My husband and I have been traveling to the Bahamas regularly for the last dozen years. We have spent time on at least 8 different islands and regularly rent homes and cottages for extended periods. One of our favorite places to stay is at the Exuma Vacation Cottages which are owned and operated by Valerie Noyes in Hartswell. The cottages are clean and comfortable, and the location is quiet and beautiful. Valerie has kayaks for guests to use, and the Moriah Cay marine sanctuary is just a short paddle from your door. Great bone fishing can be had in the area. There is a small swimming pool that is perfect for laps or just cooling off on a warm afternoon. Valerie makes you feel very welcome and as if you are in your own home. We are very much looking forward to our month there this winter.

• Liked — Proximity to Moriah Harbor and Cay and the friendly people.
  • Disliked — Driving in the dark if you go out at night.
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)