My husband, sister and I spent a week here enjoying the the natural beauty of Exuma and Stocking island. If you want to have a quiet vacation to enjoy nature and unplug, then this is the perfect resort for you! The staff of the resort are incredibly nice and helpful and they all want to make sure that you are enjoying your time there. The owners, Jill and George, are fabulous as well! We felt like they were family by the end of the week and I sincerely miss Jill and her sweet smile and hugs. Her breakfast tray in the morning was always a treat. Jill makes a delicious breakfast! I have a shellfish allergy but they took great pains to make sure that my food did not cause me any problems. I know that this is difficult for some kitchens but they were very accommodating. The food in their restaurant was delicious throughout the week and I certainly enjoyed those gin and tonics! George grilled on his BBQ an excellent dinner of either lobster, steak or chicken one night that was yummy. Dinner in their restaurant is before seven but it was not a problem for us and if you want to hang out at the bar it is open late and there is a tv there plus other guests might be around. To us though, sitting on our porch staring at the ocean and taking in a distant lightning show, reading or playing cards was relaxing enough. The amazing gorgeous water is on both sides of the resort and the white sand beach is deserted most of the time so that is nice. The ocean was never too rough so swimming in it was easy. Renting a boat for the week is a must if you enjoy snorkeling and exploring the many beaches dotting the water between the islands. The boat rental company will give you a map to show where the best reefs are to snorkel and there is an amazing cave and blue hole near the resort that is fun to snorkel at. Wherever I travel in the world I am always the happiest when the people I meet make me feel welcome and are happy and kind. The people at the St. Frances and the people we met everywhere on Exuma made me happy! We enjoyed our time there and agree with other guests that the St. Frances is a very special place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- St Francis Resort is located in a pristine location on Stocking Island. Enjoy miles of whitesand beaches, diving and watersports, sailing, dining, and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, HRS, Travelocity, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your St Francis Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St Francis Hotel Great Exuma
- St Francis Resort Great Exuma, Bahamas