This is a wonderful place to stay for quiet relaxation. The rooms were impeccably decorated; very modern, and very gorgeous. It the weather & water weren't so nice & pretty outside, I wouldn't have wanted to leave the room. There was only one small snafu during our entire stay. They forgot to pick us up at the airport as promised. This may sound like a big deal, but it really wasn't. A taxi took us there and they gladly reimbursed the driver, apologized, and upgraded us to an ocean view room. Our view was mesmerizing so we couldn't have cared less about the snafu! I won't include pictures because the room was exactly as the website depicted.
There is only one restaurant, but you can take an 8 minute walk, or golf cart ride (since they provide you with a free golf cart & garage for the length of your stay!) to the Four Seasons Resort, which had three restaurant choices. (BTW, to give you an idea on prices, a lobster dinner was $42, and a fish dinner was $30 at the Grand Isle restaurant)
Breakfast was included with our package and it was better than an average continental breakfast bar.
There is also a shopping center nearby with a pizza and ice cream restaurant and a grocery store. It's a good idea to buy some groceries or snacks/drinks if you want to save some money, since there is a full refrigerator in your gourmet kitchen.
I wouldn't say there is a lot to do on this island, but that was fine with us. The resort is situated on a beautiful turquoise colored bay, and it was very enjoyable to sit in a cabana chair and take it all in.
We did take a snorkel tour with Starfish Tours, which we would definitely recommend. We snorkeled a "blue hole" where we saw a spotted eagle ray, a barracuda, and a humongous lobster. We were also taken to "Starfish Beach" where we found starfish in the shallow water.
We highly recommend you rent a car for one day ($74 at the hotel) to see the island. We felt this was sufficient. There are lots of remote beautiful beaches with not a soul in sight. Make sure you get to "Coco Plum" beach. We found dozens of sand dollars in the shallow water. Other beautiful beaches: Tropic of Cancer Beach, and "Three Sisters".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Emerald Bay in Great Exuma, The Bahamas, Grand Isle Resort & Spa is a stunning ocean front resort. The exclusive gated community comprises 78 luxuriously appointed 1- to 4-bedroom villas that range from 1,250 sq. ft. to 5,200 sq. ft. and offer a fully equipped kitchen, spacious living area, high-end amenities, and extraordinary views. Getting around the resort is quick and convenient, as every villa is equipped with a personal golf cart. Grand Isle is one of the finest resorts in the Caribbean and is ideally suited for family holidays, romantic getaways, destination weddings and honeymoons, or for simply enjoying the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Priceline, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Isle Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Isle Resort And Spa
- Grand Isle Hotel Great Exuma
- Grand Isle Resort & Spa Great Exuma, Bahamas