I just got back from a 5 night honeymoon stay at this resort! Needless to say....it was too short! We did not want to leave once we were there. The resort was fantastic and we have traveled to many 5 star resorts. The staff was very friendly and would go out of their way to accommodate you. Macarra and Neville were great! If you visit the resort one of Neville's famous "911'" drinks at the bar is a must. Another one of his drinks I would be sure to try is "chocolate cake" .
The beach was clean and was very easy to get to. Before we got there I wasn't really sure how close the beach would be to the resort. You actually access the beach down the steps at the pool.
The golf cart that comes with the room was very helpful to get around. We used it to go to the local market across the street. However, the market was quite pricy. There is also a good pizza/sub place beside the market that was delicious and reasonably priced. We used the golf cart to go over to four seasons for dinner. I would not waste the money to go to four seasons...the food was pricey and was not that great.And the service at four seasons was terrible!
The staff at the spa at grand isle were very friendly and professional. We got a couples swedish massage which was great...and very relaxing.
Another thing I would recommend doing while you are there is visiting Chat and Chill on stocking island. They have drinks, beach volleyball, food, etc. Neville the bartender at the resort actually has a company called Starfish tours...he took us out on a boating trip over to Chat and Chill, starfish island, snorkling, and to the straw market downtown. We had a great time with him and the group we were with. I would strongly recommend checking in to doing this while you are there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Emerald Bay in Great Exuma, The Bahamas, Grand Isle Resort & Spa is a stunning ocean front resort. The exclusive gated community comprises 78 luxuriously appointed 1- to 4-bedroom villas that range from 1,250 sq. ft. to 5,200 sq. ft. and offer a fully equipped kitchen, spacious living area, high-end amenities, and extraordinary views. Getting around the resort is quick and convenient, as every villa is equipped with a personal golf cart. Grand Isle is one of the finest resorts in the Caribbean and is ideally suited for family holidays, romantic getaways, destination weddings and honeymoons, or for simply enjoying the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Preferred Hotels, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Isle Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Isle Hotel Great Exuma
- Grand Isle Resort And Spa
- Grand Isle Resort & Spa Great Exuma, Bahamas