I went to this resort for my honeymoon. After the stress of planning a wedding in a 4 month period, this resort was exactly what I was looking for. Usually my husband and I are on the go all the time, and the atmosphere was so lovely that it inspired us just to finally sit back and relax.
Our accommodations were top notch. The villa was brand new and I loved it so much that I took several pictures and we are trying to emulate the style in our new addition (especially the bathrooms which are decoarated like a spa). Our villa was decorated in a Tommy Bahama theme and the bathrooms were decorated with marble and Travertine tile. The second evening we were there, we came home to find roses in our Jacuzzi tub and throughout our bedroom. Definitely made the honeymoon enjoyable and we sincerely appreciated the personal touch we received throughout the week.
Every morning we came down to the restaurant to find a complimentary breakfast and by the middle of the week, the staff (Jonas and Carlotta) knew what we liked and actually had it ready for us when we arrived!
I have stayed in many hotels and resorts and this one has a personal touch you cannot find at a Ritz or Four Seasons.
Things to do that I liked the most:
- hanging out in the infinity pool
- kayak surfing at the beach below
- riding around on the golf cart and exploring the area
- renting a car for the day and checking out places to snorkel around the island (and Kizzy will set it up for you so the car is dropped off whenever you need it)
- having a chef make a 5 course meal on our last night
- free internet service (to keep in touch with family and friends as calling the US can be very expensive)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Emerald Bay in Great Exuma, The Bahamas, Grand Isle Resort & Spa is a stunning ocean front resort. The exclusive gated community comprises 78 luxuriously appointed 1- to 4-bedroom villas that range from 1,250 sq. ft. to 5,200 sq. ft. and offer a fully equipped kitchen, spacious living area, high-end amenities, and extraordinary views. Getting around the resort is quick and convenient, as every villa is equipped with a personal golf cart. Grand Isle is one of the finest resorts in the Caribbean and is ideally suited for family holidays, romantic getaways, destination weddings and honeymoons, or for simply enjoying the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotel.de, HRS, Agoda, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Grand Isle Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Isle Hotel Great Exuma
- Grand Isle Resort And Spa
- Grand Isle Resort & Spa Great Exuma, Bahamas