Grand Isle resort is fabulous. We visited in late summer and it was practically empty. The villas are gorgeous and they maintain it very well. They are very spacious with multiple TVs, DVD players, lavish furniture and a full kitchen. The bathroom in the villa was one of our favorite parts where they had a jacuzzi as well as a large stand-up shower. We had a garden-view room and could view the sunsets every evening. Housekeeping was regular. Each villa has its personalized golf cart which was a lot of fun to drive around and take to the nearby liquor store.
The Pallapa grill was wonderful and fairly reasonably priced. All food is very good and would recommend at least having a couple meals here. The servers are polite & friendly. Service is fairly quick.
The poolside hut is where we could borrow beach towels, kayak and snorkeling gear which was great if you do not have your own snorkeling gear. They are open til 730p on most days.
The beach was amazing and water is so clear. Can walk for several feet from the beach and still be able to stand! Sandals and Grand isle are the only two resorts that share the beach so it was never crowded when we went.
This area of the island is not over-developed and wonderful for a little getaway from the bustle of every day life. We absolutely fell in love with the place, villas and the island. If we get the chance again to go to Exuma, these villas will be the place we will be staying at again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Emerald Bay in Great Exuma, The Bahamas, Grand Isle Resort & Spa is a stunning ocean front resort. The exclusive gated community comprises 78 luxuriously appointed 1- to 4-bedroom villas that range from 1,250 sq. ft. to 5,200 sq. ft. and offer a fully equipped kitchen, spacious living area, high-end amenities, and extraordinary views. Getting around the resort is quick and convenient, as every villa is equipped with a personal golf cart. Grand Isle is one of the finest resorts in the Caribbean and is ideally suited for family holidays, romantic getaways, destination weddings and honeymoons, or for simply enjoying the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, TravelUp, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Isle Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Isle Resort And Spa
- Grand Isle Hotel Great Exuma
- Grand Isle Resort & Spa Great Exuma, Bahamas