“Best seafood I've ever had!”

Shirley's at the Fish Fry
Ranked #3 of 48 Restaurants in Great Exuma
Cuisines: Bahamian
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Shirley's has the best food on the island! The atmosphere is great and the people are extra friendly. Shirley is wonderful and so is her son and tr oter employees. Service is prompt and the seafood is fresh. Aye at several places in Exuma but none compared to Shirley's. a must that you check it out if you go to Gresy Exuma, Bahamas
-Amy

Reviewed June 3, 2013

We dined at Shirley's a few times during our week there and had amazing food each time.The grouper was awesome each time I had it. So was the seafood lasagna. Don't miss dining at Shirley's

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Shirley is friendly and I could eat the snapper she makes every day. The grouper is good as well, and if you like a bit of an oilier fish try the Barracuda. The fish is so fresh it's delicious. If you want to eat on a budget, go to Shirley's and eat like a local.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We visited Shirley's once and had Coconut Fish and a Conch Chowder. The fish was terrible. It tasted like it was microwaved after it was fried days ago. While the Chowder was very good.

Overall, I'm giving it 3 stars because it was convenient. They had WiFi, good service, average prices, and one of the dishes was good.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Let me start off by saying I really enjoyed the service from Shirley and here helper. They were both very nice. The conch snack (think fried conch pieces) were soggy, unseasoned and rubbery. Not much else could have gone wrong here. I order conch everywhere that offers it in the islands and this is the worst I've had. I also got the lobster sautee and was feeling the effects of it for days. Lathered in a buttery sauce it was under-seasoned and left me questioning the lobster I was eating. No beautiful scenery here and prices I would say are average for the island.