“Amazing time at Exuma Blu Restaurant”
Review of Blu at Exuma Palms - CLOSED

Blu at Exuma Palms
Cuisines: European, French, Bahamian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We are a new concept restaurant on Great Exuma!! Not only are we on one of the most beautiful beaches in Exuma, but we are both from hospitality backgrounds. Ben, the chef hails from Ireland, where he trained under the Michelin Starred chef Derry Clarke during his apprenticeship, before heading to Washington DC and working in various restaurants. After that he went to Tokyo for a year working in the Michelin starred Gordon Ramsay restaurant. After his Asian affair he joined mega yachts where he served the wealthy throughout the entire Caribbean and Mediterranean for several years before falling in love with Exuma. Clare the Manager, from London has spent 8 years serving the uber rich and famous aboard some of the worlds most glamorous and largest yachts in the world. Open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner daily, with themed nights. Monday is Mexican night, Friday is Indian and Sunday sip Goombay Smashes listening to live Rake 'n Scrape music while feasting on the Islands famous Grillmasters pit, pulled Pork, Chicken and all the fixings...We play cool old tunes, with a casual, ocean front ambiance, serving fine cuisine from around the world, served well with a smile. Call for reservations.
“Amazing time at Exuma Blu Restaurant”
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

My family and I had dinner at Chef Ben's restaurant and not only was his food absolutely amazing he added a special touch by coming out at the end with birthday deserts and drinks! I really enjoyed his style of cooking it was a great mix of the islands classic dishes with other relishes options for a change. Highly recommend going there ! Thanks again chef :)

Visited July 2013

Toronto, Canada
“A lovely place to go”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We went with 17 people who were traveling with us without reservations and they did a great meal, fantastic service (best so far). They have music nights be we just missed it but worth a stop.

Visited July 2013
Santa Fe, NM
“Amuse Bouche in Exuma!”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Another visit to Exuma last week meant, of course, another wonderful meal at Ben's Blu Bistro at The Palms west of George Town. A delightful Amuse Bouche to start....in EXUMA?? YES! And sometimes, Ben makes us guess what it is.....which is a great deal of fun. This time it was cold curried plantain soup and it was fabulous! No cream, so I could slurp without guilt! The rest of the meal was superb, as well. Each of us from 11 year old granddaughter to 72 year old grandpa were full as ticks and very content!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank NMPam
oregon
“Always going above and beyond”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I am an avid self caterer. We are vegetarian and I have a lot of allergies. I am also super picky and a die hard foodie. When we booked our trip to Exuma palms, I brought tons of food that I made ahead because I am never happy with restaurants. Ben and Clare went out of their way to provide us with excellent vegetarian cuisine. They are both excellent chefs. We ate there every day during our stay for at least one meal.
We also had a lot of drinks in the bar.Their drinks are excellent too. I also found them to be cheaper than other places we tried. They were always thinking up new things for me with out pineapple. I absolutely adore these people and I can't wait to go back. They have me totally spoiled for other places.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank skidoolie
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“No need to have dinner anywhere else...”
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

As guests in the Exuma Palms hotel, my husband and I reluctantly made reservations for dinner at the adjoining restaurant our first night there, knowing that hotel restaurants aren't always the best. We were wrong. We were really shocked not only by the lovely atmosphere of the Blu bistro, but also by the outstanding quality of the meal. As others have mentioned, Ben is a highly skilled chef, not a cook. One can immediately tell the difference. My pork, for example, was juicy, tender, flavorful -- and it fell apart with only a fork. The spicy shrimp, the rolls, the soups... All created with unique touches that require a culinary sensibility featured in only the most famous restaurants. But Ben has it. Clare, the hardest-working woman on the island, is quite helpful when you need advice on a dish, and she keeps the service moving along efficiently.

The restaurant doesn't look like much from the outside, but when you get inside, you've entered into a fine dining experience. Don't miss this place. I recommend going on à la carte evening in order to have a selection of Ben's creations. And be sure to check out the view in the back. It's breathtaking.

• Visited July 2013