“Wish we'd had dinner here!”
Review of Blu at Exuma Palms - CLOSED

Blu at Exuma Palms
Cuisines: European, French, Bahamian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We are a new concept restaurant on Great Exuma!! Not only are we on one of the most beautiful beaches in Exuma, but we are both from hospitality backgrounds. Ben, the chef hails from Ireland, where he trained under the Michelin Starred chef Derry Clarke during his apprenticeship, before heading to Washington DC and working in various restaurants. After that he went to Tokyo for a year working in the Michelin starred Gordon Ramsay restaurant. After his Asian affair he joined mega yachts where he served the wealthy throughout the entire Caribbean and Mediterranean for several years before falling in love with Exuma. Clare the Manager, from London has spent 8 years serving the uber rich and famous aboard some of the worlds most glamorous and largest yachts in the world. Open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner daily, with themed nights. Monday is Mexican night, Friday is Indian and Sunday sip Goombay Smashes listening to live Rake 'n Scrape music while feasting on the Islands famous Grillmasters pit, pulled Pork, Chicken and all the fixings...We play cool old tunes, with a casual, ocean front ambiance, serving fine cuisine from around the world, served well with a smile. Call for reservations.
Columbus, Ohio
“Wish we'd had dinner here!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We only stopped here for drinks but were VERY IMPRESSED with the changes the new owners have made. This is on a beautiful stretch of beach with a lovely indoor and outdoor seating area. We were greeted promptly and served with a smile. They also offer Kalik on draft (one of the few places on the island) and we loved the cold beer and tall glasses. After seeing the reviews, I wish we’d had a meal here and do hope the owners can continue to fill the rooms and make this place a true must go to destination. Stop in, you won’t be disappointed!

Visited July 2013

Nashville, Tennessee
“In a Class by Itself!”
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

I just returned from a stay at Exuma Palms. The food there is excellent! The chef, Ben, may not tell you that he worked with Gordon Ramsey. He really won't have to, because his dishes speak to his talent. Ben's partner, Clare, is attentive and checks on diners frequently to see if they need anything. She is knowledgeable about the menu and is open to questions about the dishes.

My first meal was a spinach salad with bacon, mushrooms and Parmesan cheese. It had a delicious, fresh lime dressing. It was served with potato and leek soup and warm bread. The Sunday night Bahamian BBQ featured a buffet of pulled pork and chicken, cabbage cole slaw, potato salad, and Bahamian mac & cheese. The chicken was moist and flavorful. I also enjoyed the mac & cheese. It was thick, cheesy and had just a bit of a kick.

My favorite meal was the Mexican themed night. The starter was guacamole, salsa, and sour cream with chips. The guacamole was the best I've ever had! The corn fritters were amazing. Homemade tortillas come alongside grilled steak, chicken and onions and peppers. Rice and a salad(with a delicious lime dressing) also come with the meal.

Not being an egg person, I opted for pancakes for breakfast. With chocolate chips. What a great way to start the day! Fellow diners had some delicious looking egg dishes! Made me wish I liked eggs.

The food at Exuma Palms' Blu Bistro is not your typical vacation fare. You won't find divers bringing up conch; you won't find a wide selection of foods deep-fried and plopped on a styrofoam plate. It's fine dining in a casual, friendly atmosphere. It's in a class by itself!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Raleigh1961
Sacramento, California
“Great food!”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Ben is a great chef! If it was breakfast or dinner we were always surprised how good and special it was. We were a great fan of the BBQ they have on Sundays, so delicious. After dinner you can sit outside and listen to the waves....with a Rum Punch in you hand :). Great food, great service, great location!

Visited June 2013
Houston, Texas
“Wonderful Food and Service”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The lobster was wonderful and the stuffed mushrooms are great. My husband hates mushrooms and tried one. He even liked them. We enjoyed a beautiful view overlooking the water.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Linda B
Stocking Island, Exuma Bahamas
“Excellent cuisine and OPEN LATE!!”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Usually open LATE and EXCELLENT do not go together in The Exumas, but this is THE exception! Located towards the western side of the island about 5 min. from airport going toward Emerald Bay area, this spot is a recovered jewel. Last night, all kitchens were closed in the west...I live in the area, so I have food in the fridge, but what is a tourist/visitor supposed to do?? Go to the "Blu Bistro" at the Exuma Palms Hotel and you will not be disappointed as Chef Ben will satisfy your palate.

This was my first visit and ordered from their special regatta menu: BBQ chicken pizza for the kids (my son only likes plain cheese, but scarfed this down and asked can we go back again for more). I usually do not like BBQ pizza either, b/c I am a pizza connoisseur and prefer traditional Italian pizza, but this one did not overpower on the BBQ sauce and it was a delicate compliment to the tomato sauce with a perfectly baked crust. Also ordered fried chicken wings with naturally cut fries...a bonus from the usual same fries and same boring breaded chicken that is served the same way everywhere else on the island...it was definitely gourmet! While, I am looking forward to a post-regatta visit so I can taste some of the other tantalizing things on the menu, I am headed back there today for lunch to get more pizza for the kids!

Our bartender, Jaime, was personable at the bar, too. Thanks for being open late and keep it up!

• Visited April 2013