We just got back from Sandals Emerald Bay in Exuma and WOW pretty much sums it up. From the minute we arrived, we were treated like VIPs. The check-in process was painless, we were in our room in a matter of minutes, after enjoying a refreshing welcome cocktail in the lobby and being greeted by the General Manager, Florian. We were upgraded to a one-bedroom suite which was a nice surprise. The room was beautiful and the resort was spectacular - the pictures do not do it justice. The focal point is the main pool and it's pretty amazing, size, shape, cabanas, view of the ocean, etc. The staff was great, everyone was friendly, courteous and extremely helpful. The bartender at Il Ciello, Tammy, found out it was my birthday and with the rest of the staff there put together a special birthday dinner for me, my husband and the other couple we were traveling with, that was a nice treat. I can't speak highly enough about our butlers, Grince and Greg, they really went out of their way to make sure our trip was memorable.
My husband and his friend played golf and they thoroughly enjoyed the course. It lived up to everything we saw on the Big Break. Our butler took us sight-seeing on the back nine and the views were unbeliveable.
This resort is true caribbean - it's laid back and a great place to chill and escape life for a while. It's not big on nightlife but that's not what we were looking for. There is plenty to do days and nights, but if your looking for a party place, this isn't it. We wanted to de-stress, relax and rejuvanate and this was definitely the place. We hated to leave and can't wait to go back!
A special thanks to Amy McHugh and Dream Makers Vacation Services, www.dreammakersvaca.com. Amy and her her husband have a top notch company and I can't say enough about them. I highly recommend them to everyone.
I'll sum this up the way I started it - WOW!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •NEW!! Jogging Trail on property - 2.6 miles long •Greg Norman designed 7,001 yard golf course with 6 signature oceanside holes•Three fresh water pools including the Caribbean’s largest zero entry pool with a central fire pit•24 hour room service to all rooms and suites•Seven exciting dining options to choose from•Red Lane Spa with sixteen extensive treatment rooms•Personalized off resort excursions arranged by our Island Routes Tour specialists•Sits on 1 mile of the Exuma’s best powdery white sand beaches•6 Har-Tru tennis courts including a sunken stadium court•Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Emerald Bay “Caribbean’s Leading Luxury All-Inclusive”•Awarded #9 spot in the 2012 Readers' Choice Awards "Top 12 Resorts in The Atlantic" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, TravelUp, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sandals Emerald Bay Golf, Tennis and Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Emerald Bay Hotel Great Exuma
- Four Seasons Great Exuma
- Great Exuma Four Seasons
- Sandals Emerald Bay Golf, Tennis And Spa Resort Great Exuma, Bahamas