We just got back from our honeymoon at the Sandals Emerald Bay and were very pleased with everything. The grounds were picturesque and beautiful, the pools were lovely, there were plenty of activities and water sports to choose from, our room was clean, spacious and very comfortable, the quality and taste of food was excellent and above all, the friendly and genuine service was top notch.
What you see is what you get at the Emerald Bay – their website matches what we saw and experienced. The property is a former Four Seasons and so the product was definitely top quality. From the moment we were greeted at the airport to the moment we left, the service was great! The butler service took some getting used to – as we had access to anything we wanted 12 hours a day – our two butlers made it easy for us and we had access to them by cell phone provided by the resort upon check in.
The restaurants selections were great – some food was better at certain locations. The Barefoot outdoor restaurant was perfect for lunch, pizza from the pizza place was great - Service and food quality at the Il Cielo restaurant was excellent, the Drunken Duck pub was a fun place to grab a quick drink, pub food and play pool in the games room - we were very satisfied and ate a lot! Thank goodness for the gym - which I was impressed with - 2 good sized rooms with many cardio machines and a separate weight room and a private pool just outside to be able to have a quick dip after a work out.
We are certified open water divers and took full advantage of the complimentary dives (daily except Sundays). They have a PADI dive centre at the marina and so we ended up taking our advanced open water certification while there. The instructors were great and the equipment and boats were top quality.
We only had a few glitches while there – a few food items were not to our liking but once we spoke to management, it was rectified for us right away.
The only real negative thing was beyond the hotel’s control – the sand flies began to emerge half way through our trip and we were both bitten alive. The funny thing is that these flies are so small that you never notice them biting you and it takes a few days for their bites (welts) to emerge and then they itch for a week or more. Make sure to take bug spray and ask if it is bug season when you get there. The hotel didn’t inform us and so, by the time we realized it, we were already very bitten and it was close to the end of our trip.
Other than that, it was a great experience! Enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •NEW!! Jogging Trail on property - 2.6 miles long •Greg Norman designed 7,001 yard golf course with 6 signature oceanside holes•Three fresh water pools including the Caribbean’s largest zero entry pool with a central fire pit•24 hour room service to all rooms and suites•Seven exciting dining options to choose from•Red Lane Spa with sixteen extensive treatment rooms•Personalized off resort excursions arranged by our Island Routes Tour specialists•Sits on 1 mile of the Exuma’s best powdery white sand beaches•6 Har-Tru tennis courts including a sunken stadium court•Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Emerald Bay “Caribbean’s Leading Luxury All-Inclusive”•Awarded #9 spot in the 2012 Readers' Choice Awards "Top 12 Resorts in The Atlantic" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Sandals Emerald Bay Golf, Tennis and Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Emerald Bay Hotel Great Exuma
- Four Seasons Great Exuma
- Great Exuma Four Seasons
- Sandals Emerald Bay Golf, Tennis And Spa Resort Great Exuma, Bahamas