We travelled to the Sandals Emerald Bay for a week in May with another couple. The trip started with a well organized greeting at the airport (with speedy expedition in a clean and comfy taxi-SUV) and then at the hotel with many friendly greetings, a kir royal and cold towel to refresh ourselves. Our room was very comfortable, clean and great view.
The staff is very helpful and nice.
The butler service is very nice except sometimes they call too early to know if you need anything. Sorry but on vacation, we don<t get up before nine. If you are sleepy heads like us, I suggest closing the cell phone until you<re up.
The beach is one of the most beautiful ones I<ve seen. We<ve been to many carribean resorts (Cuba, Jamaica, Mexico, Dominican Republic).
The food is overall very good. the Il Cielo restaurant is very good for breakfast (lovely restaurant with nice staff) but a bit disapointing in the evening when it becomes the Italien restaurant. It is the only restaurant that needs reservations, is hard to get into and in our opinion was the one we liked the least. Our favorite restaurant was the Barefoot by the Beach. Excellent fish, excellent beachy ambiance and very friendly staff. I think the resort would benefit from another restaurant (like asian or sushi).
The spa is wonderful with very qualified staff. I had one of the best sports massage...
Very nice gym and you can pay extra for certain classes (yoga, pilates, toning). These classes are expensive but very qualified staff and if you think you have your personal trainer for 45 t 60 minutes, the money is well spent.
We had nice surprise one late afternoon coming back from the beach. A bubblebath with flowers spelling LOVE in the bubbles.
I recommend this resort for couples who want to relax. If you like resorts that have a party atmosphere or with non stop activities, this is not for you. This is a nice, romantic resort with gorgeous gardens. Perfect for honeymooners or couples who want a romantic getaway (away from the kids!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •NEW!! Jogging Trail on property - 2.6 miles long •Greg Norman designed 7,001 yard golf course with 6 signature oceanside holes•Three fresh water pools including the Caribbean’s largest zero entry pool with a central fire pit•24 hour room service to all rooms and suites•Seven exciting dining options to choose from•Red Lane Spa with sixteen extensive treatment rooms•Personalized off resort excursions arranged by our Island Routes Tour specialists•Sits on 1 mile of the Exuma’s best powdery white sand beaches•6 Har-Tru tennis courts including a sunken stadium court•Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Emerald Bay “Caribbean’s Leading Luxury All-Inclusive”•Awarded #9 spot in the 2012 Readers' Choice Awards "Top 12 Resorts in The Atlantic" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TravelUp, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sandals Emerald Bay Golf, Tennis and Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Emerald Bay Hotel Great Exuma
- Four Seasons Great Exuma
- Great Exuma Four Seasons
- Sandals Emerald Bay Golf, Tennis And Spa Resort Great Exuma, Bahamas