What luck we found this resort via aircanadavacations. From the moment you step on terra firma in George Town till you leave, the gracious Sandals Emerald Bay staff make it memorable. Spacious, comfortable and clean rooms with view of bay/ocean from third floor. A la carte restaurants with top quality food that left you satisfied, not stuffed. Cooling breeze blowing in, pristine white beach with crystal clear emerald and blue water made time on the beach a joy especially without any crowds.
We luck-in by being there during the 17th annual reunion week and took part in the festivities including a special beach lunch at Exuma Bay (with the best Conch salad made right there), a bus excursion to Little Exuma, a gala evening that just can't be beat.
Fortunately as Sandals Emerald Bay opened recently, the occupancy seemed to be around 65% - deliberately so as to give the management time to get the kinks out, and there were a few but none of them unforgivable and all but forgotten now.
Angela and Rebecca made you feel like you were visiting their home. Darrion and Logesh - our butlers for the week - were top notch. Mark, our waiter one evening and for breakfast the next, gave professional service with a smile and a care. Stepping in to help from the T&C was Dave (or David - he had two name tags it seemed) who made sure restaurant service ran smoothly and listened attentively to our comments and suggestions. Colin, one of the executive chefs, took time to chat and see how we were enjoying ourselves - a pleasant thing we haven't experienced this nicely before. A lot more staff we'd mention, but we'll keep it for the Sandals survey...
Clearly a star property for Sandals, one that will be sought after by vacationers especially with the commitment we've seen from John (the manager) and his staff.
It's a seven star site compared to other five star all-inclusives.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •NEW!! Jogging Trail on property - 2.6 miles long •Greg Norman designed 7,001 yard golf course with 6 signature oceanside holes•Three fresh water pools including the Caribbean’s largest zero entry pool with a central fire pit•24 hour room service to all rooms and suites•Seven exciting dining options to choose from•Red Lane Spa with sixteen extensive treatment rooms•Personalized off resort excursions arranged by our Island Routes Tour specialists•Sits on 1 mile of the Exuma’s best powdery white sand beaches•6 Har-Tru tennis courts including a sunken stadium court•Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Emerald Bay “Caribbean’s Leading Luxury All-Inclusive”•Awarded #9 spot in the 2012 Readers' Choice Awards "Top 12 Resorts in The Atlantic" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Unique Vacations Inc, TravelUp, Prestigia, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandals Emerald Bay Golf, Tennis and Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Emerald Bay Hotel Great Exuma
- Four Seasons Great Exuma
- Great Exuma Four Seasons
- Sandals Emerald Bay Golf, Tennis And Spa Resort Great Exuma, Bahamas