Sandals Emerald Bay Golf, Tennis and Spa Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Exuma Palms Hotel(Great Exuma)
  • Pool
Island Time Villas(George Town)
View Hotel
Club Peace & Plenty(George Town)
View Hotel
St Francis Resort(Stocking Island)
  • Beachfront
Lumina Point Resort & Spa(Stocking Island)
  • Breakfast included
Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort & Villas(Long Island)
  • Pool
4,273 results
All reviewsdrunken duckfrench restaurantbutler servicequiet poolmain poolil cielopiano barthe pubemerald bayla parisiennecafe de parisbutler suitered lane spaisland routesjeremy muttonocean safariswim up bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 27, 2010

Wow...we have just returned from the new Sandals resort at Emerald Bay...it is lovely...the service is second to none...butlers (Sheldon and Adrian) will cater to your every need...drinks, snacks,information...your wish is their command...the rooms were absolutetly spotless...complete with toiletries in the bathroom... the in-room bar was kept well stocked every day...we had a wonderful room with a balcony over looking the gardens, the beach and the ocean...the ocean really is that beautiful turquoise they show in the magazines...the food was absolutely delicious...everything you have come to expect from Sandals...and then some...the beach is beautiful white sands...and a mile in length so you can get a good walk in each day...I would highly recommend this resort...for a romantic get away!!

1  Thank LesLCanada
Reviewed March 27, 2010

Okay, going into this trip I was aware that the resort had just opened in January and it's grand opening was not scheduled until May. I was not worried about this has having stayed at two previous sandals resorts and knew their reputation and how well they operated. That being said here are my pros and cons. as experianced during my stay.
pros:
-Beach was beautiful - best ever - softest/clean fluffy pristine sand and water.
-Room was neat, clean & spacious. Bathroom as well.
-Patio of our rm 4110 had a great view, through the reflecting pool to the tourquie waters
-Butlers were wonderful (although we did not really desire to use them much)
-Pace, loved the laid back pace of the resort. Not as busy/crowded as others I;ve stayed

cons:
-being that we were there early, not all the ammenities were yes availabie.
no sandals snorkel available, no glass bottom boat yet available.
It was not until our 4th day did we get approacted by a beach butler for drinks.
Nor did we see the beach activities and pool activities (water aerobics etc) advertized
until the 5th day were were there. I think extra staff arrived on the Sunday of the week.
- sand fleas were a bit of a problem on the initial day or two sitting on the patio, but the
front desk did supply us with some off. After the first (bit it damper days) they were
gone so no longer any issue.
-Our only major concern was the lack of a nurce or first aid available on site. cuases a
bit of an issue but the manager on desk took care of the problem through the gift shop.
however, I feel it was initially a but poorly handled.

overall - we had a wonderful time on a beautiful beach at a resort we would return to.
I imagine once the grand opening has passed, all the slight kinks will be worked out and running to the sandals perfection.

Reviewed March 27, 2010

My husband & I just got back from Sandals Emerald Bay and we had a wonderful trip. From the moment you first arrive you are handed a glass of champagne & a wet towel with a fragrance of the caribbean. You are quickly checked in & then greeted by your own personal Butler who gives you a grand tour of the property & then off to your suite. Our first stop was the beach, creamy off white sand & turquoise blue waters, so tranquil, it was picture perfect postcard. There are 2 pools on the property, the quite pool, with alot of cozy loungers & on the oppisite side of the property a huge pool with a swim up bar & cabanas for you to sit back & relax. There are several restaurants to choose from, caribbean food to italian or just hanging out at the poolside pub. Barefoot Beach restaurant was great, you sit right on the beach with your toes in the sand. The food was wonderful & I highly recommend IL Cielo, our favorite of all the restaurants. We couldn't of asked for a more relaxing vacation, our last day we layed on the beach toasting our last day with chocolate strawberries and champagne. We hated to leave but we know we will be back again. This was our first experience staying at Sandals resort & it will definately not be our last. So if you are looking to get away from it all to relax and be pampered, this is your destination! Dreammakers Vacation Services was wonderful in planning & booking this trip for us, they really go out of their way to make sure their clients are happy. I have already booked our next vacation for the summer at Beaches Turks & Caicos through Dreammakers & they have made the process so easy. Thank you Lynda for being so patient with me in finding the best vacation to fit our families needs.

1  Thank cole4nole
Reviewed March 24, 2010

We arrived at Sandals Emerald Bay on March 1st for a one week vacation with 3 other couples. This is a yearly trip for us and we try to go to a different place each year. I can say this was one of my most enjoyable vacations. The beach was amazing!!! I've been to many beautiful beaches in the Caribbean and in the Mediterranean but this was by far the most amazing that I have ever seen. There was not a rock or a seashell or seaweed or a speck of dirt to be found. It was just amazing white sand. The GM said to us one night that every morning before he starts work he goes down to the beach and just takes in the beauty. I totally agree with him, that would be the first place I would go each morning too.
We have never had a butler so I'm not quite sure what I should have expected but our butler Shameer was GREAT! He allowed you your space but was there for anything we needed. We all wanted to bring him home with us.
The rest of the staff was also very friendly. They made us feel very welcomed and took time to come and speak with us and make sure we had everything we needed.
The restaurants were great. Stavros at Il Cielo went out of his way to make us feel welcomed. Se euxaristoume Stavro kai se perimenoume otan erthis Ameriki. For anyone that was there the first week of March we are the crazy Greek people that were dancing on the beach. We did the buffet for breakfast each morning and it was very nice. Not a ton of food like we have seen at other resorts but all of us agreed that we like the smaller quantity of better food much more. Dinners were nice and the steak at the pub was fantastic. We liked it so much we ate there twice and had the exact same meal. I wish I had learned that dance the staff at the pub did on hourly intervals. Looked like a lot of fun.
I do know there were issues and the resort was going through some growing pains but..... being on vacation means that you need to relax. It's not a big deal if little things are not perfect, I can honestly say I can't even remember one of those small things that was not exactly as I would have expected.
The only thing I would complain about and this has nothing to do with the resort is that I was cold!. I thought the weather would be better but next time we visit I'm going to make it later in the season. When the sun was out all was good but behind the clouds and we were covering ourselves in towels. The staff was so amazing that they would see that we were cold and bring us extra towels and cover us up. The beach was so amazing that even when cold we just didn't want to leave.
The rooms were very nice. Very clean. The bed was very comfy and so were the pillows. No complaints here.
Because we were one of the early customers the resort was nice enough to give us 2 nights free in the future. I for one can't wait to use my free nights and add a few more.
We didn't use the pool so I can't comment on that but it looked very nice. I'm including some of our pictures. For anyone going in the near future, have a great time.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank anitapap
Reviewed March 24, 2010

Firstly, let me begin by saying this has to be the most incredible beach and scenery that one could ever lay their eyes on. The sand is white powder soft and the beach is a mile long. It is wonderful for those of us who like to swim and the waves are amazing! There are umbrellas and straw tikis with plently of loungers for which covers are supplied. We spent everyday at the beach and I can honestly say we never made it to the pools.

Our room was the Exuma Luxury and it was very nice. The bed was comfortable and the room was maintained nicely. We had a brand new espresso maker in our room and lots of tea, espresso, etc was supplied. Our fridge was always well stocked and many different kinds of liquor was available. We really enjoyed the local beer, Kalik!

The restaurants were all good, the Drunken Duck was our personel favorite. We would have liked to see a change perhaps midweek in their menus just to break up the monetany of the experience of eating the same places with the same food. Regardless though the food they offered was definately very good.

We loved our butlers, Dwayne and Paul, however we did not require their services very often. We did have Dwayne bring us nachos and Kalik to the beach one day and we really enjoyed that! Midweek a beautiful surprise was prepared by the two for my husband and I, it consisted of a beautiful bubble bath with flower pedals everywhere in our room and loverly candle ambiance. Very romantic!

We had a romantic and relaxing 7 days together and we have taken away wonderful memories of our vacation together. The staff were all very accomadating and eager to please. We were always greeting everywhere with smiles! We definately enjoyed our vacation and would be happy to return.

1  Thank sdak10