We arrived at Sandals Emerald Bay on March 1st for a one week vacation with 3 other couples. This is a yearly trip for us and we try to go to a different place each year. I can say this was one of my most enjoyable vacations. The beach was amazing!!! I've been to many beautiful beaches in the Caribbean and in the Mediterranean but this was by far the most amazing that I have ever seen. There was not a rock or a seashell or seaweed or a speck of dirt to be found. It was just amazing white sand. The GM said to us one night that every morning before he starts work he goes down to the beach and just takes in the beauty. I totally agree with him, that would be the first place I would go each morning too.
We have never had a butler so I'm not quite sure what I should have expected but our butler Shameer was GREAT! He allowed you your space but was there for anything we needed. We all wanted to bring him home with us.
The rest of the staff was also very friendly. They made us feel very welcomed and took time to come and speak with us and make sure we had everything we needed.
The restaurants were great. Stavros at Il Cielo went out of his way to make us feel welcomed. Se euxaristoume Stavro kai se perimenoume otan erthis Ameriki. For anyone that was there the first week of March we are the crazy Greek people that were dancing on the beach. We did the buffet for breakfast each morning and it was very nice. Not a ton of food like we have seen at other resorts but all of us agreed that we like the smaller quantity of better food much more. Dinners were nice and the steak at the pub was fantastic. We liked it so much we ate there twice and had the exact same meal. I wish I had learned that dance the staff at the pub did on hourly intervals. Looked like a lot of fun.
I do know there were issues and the resort was going through some growing pains but..... being on vacation means that you need to relax. It's not a big deal if little things are not perfect, I can honestly say I can't even remember one of those small things that was not exactly as I would have expected.
The only thing I would complain about and this has nothing to do with the resort is that I was cold!. I thought the weather would be better but next time we visit I'm going to make it later in the season. When the sun was out all was good but behind the clouds and we were covering ourselves in towels. The staff was so amazing that they would see that we were cold and bring us extra towels and cover us up. The beach was so amazing that even when cold we just didn't want to leave.
The rooms were very nice. Very clean. The bed was very comfy and so were the pillows. No complaints here.
Because we were one of the early customers the resort was nice enough to give us 2 nights free in the future. I for one can't wait to use my free nights and add a few more.
We didn't use the pool so I can't comment on that but it looked very nice. I'm including some of our pictures. For anyone going in the near future, have a great time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •NEW!! Jogging Trail on property - 2.6 miles long •Greg Norman designed 7,001 yard golf course with 6 signature oceanside holes•Three fresh water pools including the Caribbean’s largest zero entry pool with a central fire pit•24 hour room service to all rooms and suites•Seven exciting dining options to choose from•Red Lane Spa with sixteen extensive treatment rooms•Personalized off resort excursions arranged by our Island Routes Tour specialists•Sits on 1 mile of the Exuma’s best powdery white sand beaches•6 Har-Tru tennis courts including a sunken stadium court•Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Emerald Bay “Caribbean’s Leading Luxury All-Inclusive”•Awarded #9 spot in the 2012 Readers' Choice Awards "Top 12 Resorts in The Atlantic" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, TravelUp, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sandals Emerald Bay Golf, Tennis and Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Emerald Bay Hotel Great Exuma
- Four Seasons Great Exuma
- Great Exuma Four Seasons
- Sandals Emerald Bay Golf, Tennis And Spa Resort Great Exuma, Bahamas