“I can't wait to go back”

Sandals Emerald Bay Golf, Tennis and Spa Resort
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Great Exuma
Pennslyvania
“I can't wait to go back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2010

We arrived at Sandals Emerald Bay on March 1st for a one week vacation with 3 other couples. This is a yearly trip for us and we try to go to a different place each year. I can say this was one of my most enjoyable vacations. The beach was amazing!!! I've been to many beautiful beaches in the Caribbean and in the Mediterranean but this was by far the most amazing that I have ever seen. There was not a rock or a seashell or seaweed or a speck of dirt to be found. It was just amazing white sand. The GM said to us one night that every morning before he starts work he goes down to the beach and just takes in the beauty. I totally agree with him, that would be the first place I would go each morning too.
We have never had a butler so I'm not quite sure what I should have expected but our butler Shameer was GREAT! He allowed you your space but was there for anything we needed. We all wanted to bring him home with us.
The rest of the staff was also very friendly. They made us feel very welcomed and took time to come and speak with us and make sure we had everything we needed.
The restaurants were great. Stavros at Il Cielo went out of his way to make us feel welcomed. Se euxaristoume Stavro kai se perimenoume otan erthis Ameriki. For anyone that was there the first week of March we are the crazy Greek people that were dancing on the beach. We did the buffet for breakfast each morning and it was very nice. Not a ton of food like we have seen at other resorts but all of us agreed that we like the smaller quantity of better food much more. Dinners were nice and the steak at the pub was fantastic. We liked it so much we ate there twice and had the exact same meal. I wish I had learned that dance the staff at the pub did on hourly intervals. Looked like a lot of fun.
I do know there were issues and the resort was going through some growing pains but..... being on vacation means that you need to relax. It's not a big deal if little things are not perfect, I can honestly say I can't even remember one of those small things that was not exactly as I would have expected.
The only thing I would complain about and this has nothing to do with the resort is that I was cold!. I thought the weather would be better but next time we visit I'm going to make it later in the season. When the sun was out all was good but behind the clouds and we were covering ourselves in towels. The staff was so amazing that they would see that we were cold and bring us extra towels and cover us up. The beach was so amazing that even when cold we just didn't want to leave.
The rooms were very nice. Very clean. The bed was very comfy and so were the pillows. No complaints here.
Because we were one of the early customers the resort was nice enough to give us 2 nights free in the future. I for one can't wait to use my free nights and add a few more.
We didn't use the pool so I can't comment on that but it looked very nice. I'm including some of our pictures. For anyone going in the near future, have a great time.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank anitapap

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,228)
Moncton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2010

Firstly, let me begin by saying this has to be the most incredible beach and scenery that one could ever lay their eyes on. The sand is white powder soft and the beach is a mile long. It is wonderful for those of us who like to swim and the waves are amazing! There are umbrellas and straw tikis with plently of loungers for which covers are supplied. We spent everyday at the beach and I can honestly say we never made it to the pools.

Our room was the Exuma Luxury and it was very nice. The bed was comfortable and the room was maintained nicely. We had a brand new espresso maker in our room and lots of tea, espresso, etc was supplied. Our fridge was always well stocked and many different kinds of liquor was available. We really enjoyed the local beer, Kalik!

The restaurants were all good, the Drunken Duck was our personel favorite. We would have liked to see a change perhaps midweek in their menus just to break up the monetany of the experience of eating the same places with the same food. Regardless though the food they offered was definately very good.

We loved our butlers, Dwayne and Paul, however we did not require their services very often. We did have Dwayne bring us nachos and Kalik to the beach one day and we really enjoyed that! Midweek a beautiful surprise was prepared by the two for my husband and I, it consisted of a beautiful bubble bath with flower pedals everywhere in our room and loverly candle ambiance. Very romantic!

We had a romantic and relaxing 7 days together and we have taken away wonderful memories of our vacation together. The staff were all very accomadating and eager to please. We were always greeting everywhere with smiles! We definately enjoyed our vacation and would be happy to return.

1 Thank sdak10
Nova Scotia, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2010

I find myself here reading more reviews since our return. It makes me long to be back at Emerald Bay...Sandals. we loved the long walks along the pristine beach with the soft, powdery sand on under our feet and between our toes.... aaaahhhhhh sweet memories :) .. We walked along the the beach to the right and found an area where it was a bit more sheltered and swam there many times, as well as in front of the Sandals resort. You have to try the water here as it is so clean and clear... and very buoyant.
If you love the salt water and wonderful waves this is the place for you!!. We have been to Punta Cana several times(nice beach but crowded) > Puerto Rico, Veradero. Aruba. Florida , and California but none of the beaches we found were asd nice as Emerald Bay.... I hope that they will not build up too many other Resorts here and jeopardize the peace, tranquility and unspoiled beauty of this turquoise paradise..we.cannot wait to return. Hello to all at Sandals EB who made our trip so enjoyable.... Sheniel and Aldaine I would like a picture of the two of you as I did not get a chance to take one .. we loved our "Butlers" ... thanks again for a wonderful trip! I have had many happy memories of special times at the resort......they do linger...... .on and on......

Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Belton, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2010

My husband and I chose Sandals Emerald Bay to celebrate our first anniversary. We had a four night, five day stay from March 14th to March 18th. Once we got to Sandals after the short ride from the airport, my husband checked in while I enjoyed a glass of champange and relaxed. One of our butlers, Paul, showed us to our room. We stayed in the base price room, but it was still beautiful, ocean view, not ocean front. The bed was amazingly comfortable, and the bathroom was very nice. Paul said we could choose to have the bulters unpack our bags, but I unpacked everything myself. We went straight to the beach...and it is as beautiful as everyone has said. The water is amazing.

When we came back from dinner on our anniversary, there was a plate of chocolate covered strawberries with "Happy Anniversary" on it on our bed. The butlers also drew a bath for us complete with rose petals and chilled champange. Other than that, one dinner reservation, and restocking our fridge (which was stocked with top shelf liqor daily, very nice.) we didn't use our butlers too often. They were very nice when we contacted them, but we didn't really find much to ask of them.

We never had a bad experience here. We had good drinks, excellent food, and good company. The staff was a lot of fun, too. We did the kayak snorkeling tour one afternoon where the watersports guides show you out to the reef on your kayak and you tie up to the watersports boat and let you snorkel. It was nice, we didn't see many colorful fish or anything too exciting, but it was worth the time. We also took the little Sandals catamaran out one day which was an experience.

Overall we really enjoyed our stay at Sandals Emerald Bay. We signed up at the "Soon Come Back" desk before we left. It has been our best vacation yet!

2 Thank RachelAnn128
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2010

First thing you do when you get there, request the Fire Down Below drink from Jaime at the pool bar... the rest is up to you. That's my best advice.

New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2010

Okay, first off I just want to say I was very nervous about being among the first to go to Sandals Emerald Bay especially after reading reviews of those who went in January and February. But after actually going I am sooo glad I didn’t heed those reviews and went anyway. It was absolutely wonderful. With that said it wasn’t perfect but I know that everything couldn’t be exact. I loved the food and the drinks. The views were absolutely breathtaking. I loved waking up in the morning to the palm trees and the clean air. The beach was great. All the drinks were done the way I liked them and if they weren’t they would fix it immediately. The only thing I would say that you would need to watch for and that is room service for breakfast. When we ordered breakfast directly from room service it was never right. But for lunch and snacks they were great. I don’t know what the disconnect was there but they got it wrong every time for breakfast only. Other than that I enjoyed our stay and our butlers (Shelton, Tony, and Grince) made my birthday sooo special by decorating the room and even getting a triple chocolate birthday cake with chocolate covered strawberries and a wonderful set for a romantic evening. I couldn’t have been more pleased with my time there and will definitely going to another Sandals soon. And if you get Shelton as a butler trust me he will make every effort to make you stay there wonderful.

4 Thank Lovelyy
new hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2010

My husband and I just returned from a one week stay at the new Sandals Emerald Bay.....it was paradise. The trip from the airport to the facility took only 15 minutes, which was fantastic. From the minute we arrived and Maya greeted us, we were treated like family (Maya, along with our butlers, bid us good-bye as we left, felt like we were leaving family)! While this hotel has only been opened for two months, they are clearly on the path to success. And to the managements credit, they were asking guests for their opinion, how they can improve, etc. We had two butlers (Aldaine and Schinelle) who were outstanding and a pure pleasure to be around. The bar butler (Nixon) was at our side constantly, but unobtrusively, waiting on us hand and foot. The food was delicious and the restaurants were beautiful. Impeccably clean.

I had a bath drawn for me one night (what a surprise), flowers arranged all around the tub with a "ENJOY" written on the bath matt in flowers as well. One morning, we went to find our cabanna (which Aldaine reserved for us daily) and found it all set up with towels and again, our names written in flowers. We were given a cell phone with direct access to our butler, day or night. While we were a bit uncomfortable with the whole "butler" process....they each explained that it is their job and they wanted to ensure we had a wonderful stay. They both succeeded!!! Oh...and they also bought a cooler (with whatever we wanted for drinks)!!

We can't wait to go back!!! Highly recommend the new location!

3 Thank jandjnewhampshire