“WORST EXPERIENCE EVER”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Great Exuma
Milan, Italy
“WORST EXPERIENCE EVER”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

STAY AWAY AND SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!
It was the first time for me in a Sandals hotel, but for sure it will be THE LAST ONE.
The hotel itself is not bad, but the service was terrible!!
They were not paying attention to the customers and when collecting the luggages for the airport, confusing them so that they were sent to different people!!Meanwhile the clients were complaining for this and hurrying because having a flight to get, the waiters were justing staying there not looking for the missing luggages and laughing behind the clients' back!
But worst of all SOMEONE OPENED MY LUGGAGE CLOSED WITH A CODE in my room, while i was on a escursion, and took money from it. Of course i have to blame myself for not putting it in the safe, but still someone was opening something safetely closed in a room that was Always safetely closed..
THE MANAGEMENT DID NOT HELP AT ALL and it was just saying that it was my fault and not their resposnability, when my main intention was to tell them that they they have a safety problem inside their hotel with probably someone that has easily access to the rooms and i was not blaming them about the money lost because i know hotels' policy.
INCREDIBLE!
WHAT KIND OF HOTEL IS THIS?
NEVER AGAIN IN THIS HOTEL!!!

12 Thank Lorenzo G
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Sandals Emerald Bay Golf, Tennis and Spa Resort, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Good Day Lorenzo,

We are saddened to hear that you did not enjoy your time with us at Sandals Emerald Bay. I'm so sorry that your experience at our resort did not quite meet your expectations because of this unfortunate incident. As you may know, we take theft very seriously at our resorts and while it is not a regular occurrence, we still make the necessary provisions to ensure that there is not a repeat.
We appreciate you sending us your concerns and I will be forwarding your review to the resort management team for immediate evaluation. I have also sent you a private message for a few additional details about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Thank you for your review and patience in this matter.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,228)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

Coming from a traveler who has traveled all around the world, this place is amazing! Its very relaxing and the staff a sure to greet u worth a smile and hello everytime u walk past! They go out of their way to help you if u needed something. My frowns had her wedding here and it was the best wedding I have ever been to! They did a great job and we couldn't Thank them enough! The food was great. People are nice and the bartenders were the best ive ever had! Love this place. . Don't listen to the bad reviews people are just to fussy!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank LittleTraveler1980
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Sandals Emerald Bay Golf, Tennis and Spa Resort, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Thank you for your review.

We appreciate you sharing your wonderful experience at Sandals Emerald Bay with us. We really love being a part of special events and it's always wonderful to hear that our guests enjoyed the wedding celebrations! I will forward your kind remarks to the team.
We hope to welcome you all back soon!
Vancouver, BC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

We stayed for six nights in a Butler Villa. The room was large, very clean and nicely decorated. The bed was very comfortable with nice linens. The Butlers, Shakera, Quenten and Dion all made our stay very pleasant and enjoyable. The food was very good and the drinks were excellent. The pool did seem cold on some days, but it was quite hot so it was refreshing. The food at the Bear Foot restaurant and the French restaurant were excellent. Thanks to Anedeka for her excellent service. We did not have a good experience at the Italian restaurant, but our Butlers made up for it another night with dinner on our terrace from the Italian restaurant. That was so well done. Went out on the HobyCat a few times. Thanks to Tomaz and Tan. Both skippers were very pleasant and interesting to talk to. The beach is wonderful soft white sand and beautiful blue/green water. Just like a postcard. I would definitely go back again.

4 Thank Floatie
Hello Floatie,

We appreciate you sending your feedback of your stay at Sandals Emerald Bay. We are delighted that you had a lovely time in beautiful Exuma and that our staff made sure you left with fantastic memories. We look forward to seeing you again and to hosting another fabulous vacation in paradise!
Watertown, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

We just returned last night from Sandals Emerald Bay where we spent a full week. When trying to decide where to spend our honeymoon we reached out to Mindy at Beach Bum Vacations. She created an amazing vacation for is.

This was hands down the best place ever. It was our honeymoon so we went with a room that had butler service and direct ocean views. We cannot say enough about our butlers Trevor, Waldens and Logesh. Not only was the service above and beyond, but we truly loved talking with each of them. We truly miss them already. The grounds are amazing and well taken care of. Every single person we came in contact with was very sweet. We just can't say enough. Aaron and Warrenique at the swim up bar were friendly and fun. The beach and water really do look just like the pictures:) our room was large, comfortable and clean. We were in the 9400 block on the very end and we loved it. My husband and I had nice walks together to the pool and dinner. It was quiet with the most incredible view.

We had read some poor reviews prior to arriving about bad food and how butlers took all the good spots at the pool for people. So we were nervous about that.None of that is true!!! We ate at all the restaurants and thought the food was super good. Dino's pizza and Barefoot by the Sea's Calamari was my favorite. Truth be told butlers cannot save spots at the pool. Two days we got up at 5 AM to put our things out so we could have a cabana. We spent all day there on those days. Our butlers did come by to check on us but never saved a spot. Il Cielo the Italian restaurant had amazing breakfast and dinner, we highly recommend that. We had dinner in our room a few times as well. The Drunken Duck Pub has great wings and is a fun little pub...Chris the bartender is fun too! There are plenty of evening activities and while it's low key, again it's very fun.

From our arrival to our departure for 7 nights and 8 days we do not have a single complain. In fact we are figuring out when to return. There is plenty to do here or not do if you just want to relax too.

All of the staff here deserves to be recognized. I cannot remember all of their names, but to each and everyone of you, THANK YOU! We do recommend doing the Thunderball 007 tour with Ray and Justin. There are no words for their hospitality on that trip. The all day trip has to be seen to believe.

Room Tip: Get a butler ocean view room!!
21 Thank Littlejbird
Hello Littlejbird,

Thank you for your review of Sandals Emerald Bay and the lovely pictures! They truly capture the beauty of the island and the amazing experience you had during your honeymoon week. It was truly a pleasure to have hosted this special occasion and we are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us.
We hope you will "soon come back"!
Johnson Creek, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

This was our first trip to a Sandals resort and were blown away. One of the first things we noticed were the amazing turquoise and blue colors of the sea. Having done 4 cruises in the past and seeing the water around several Caribbean island we thought the pictures on the Sandals website were "enhanced", but that is NOT the case. The pictures are true to life.

The friendliness of the staff is also amazing. Every Sandals employee we passed while walking from one place to another always greeted us and asked how we were doing, and always with a smile on their face. If you needed help with something they were very willing to provide assistance or direct you to someone who could.

I have food intolerances and was greeted by the head chef, Joseph, immediately after checking in. He discussed with me the foods I avoid and how the resort's restaurants could provide a variety of foods that I would able to consume. Let's just say I did not go hungry and had a nice variety of food to chose from.

The butler service provided with the Beachfront villas was fantastic. Our butlers, Logesh, Trevor, and Waldens were excellent and when we return will be requesting them again.

We would like give a BIG thanks to Mindy from Beach Bum Vacations for coordinating this trip for us. We will definitely be reaching out to her for our future vacations.

18 Thank Marilyn W
Hello Marilyn,

We are so happy that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at Sandals Emerald Bay and the natural beauty of Exuma! It truly is a gem and the views are indeed stunning. Our staff will be so pleased that they were able to provide you with vacation of your dreams and I will be sure to share all of your kind remarks with them.
We look forward to welcoming you back!
Vernon CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

And what an experience it was! Let me start by saying we loved SEB so much we booked Whitehouse for next year before we left!! We stayed 2/20-2/25 and enjoyed every second of it. I would recommend this resort to anyone looking to have a fun yet relaxing time in an absolutely gorgeous environment. I fear this may get a bit lengthy, so I will break it down into the categories I feel are most important to travelers.

ARRIVAL: Super easy! Going through the entire process in the airport took no longer than 20 minutes. Walked outside and our ride was waiting to take us on the 10-15 minute drive to the resort. Our driver gave us lots of tips on how best to experience Exuma and also some facts about the island along the way. From the second you pull into the entrance you know you're somewhere special. A nice cool towel is offered and Jeremy Mutton himself removed our bags from the car and welcomed us. Champagne in the lobby, and only a short wait for our room, even though we were there hours before check-in time.

ROOM: Beautiful, clean, spacious, stocked bar, and a great bed with THE MOST COMFORTABLE pillows. I swear. I wanted to leave all my clothes behind and take a pillow home instead. We had a beachfront walkout (9401) and the view was unreal. Anyone that complains about the grass between the room and the beach needs to get over it. We loved it.

BEACH: Soft white sand and the water was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen! I literally took like 20 pictures that ended up being almost exactly the same because I just couldn't get over how amazing it was. We played in the water, used the stand-up paddle boards one day, went snorkeling, etc. And sometimes just layed in the sun and enjoyed a cold beverage. We were never, ever bored. We also did the full-day swimming pig, thunderball grotto snorkeling, iguana feeding sightseeing tour, and it's a must do. At least the half-day. Exuma may just be the most beautiful place on earth.

POOL: We only hung out at the main pool so can't really comment on the quiet pool, but we did walk by it quite a few times as it was on the way to our room. It's exactly what it says. Quiet. Which is totally fine if that's your thing. I think it's a nice option to have. But the main pool is where it's at. I really don't understand the reviews that say there's nothing to do here. One day we went in and wanted to play volleyball. Nobody was playing. SO WE ASKED PEOPLE. And we had a ton of fun playing with new friends (all ages!) for probably almost 3 hours! Some left and new people came in along the way. All you have to do there is initiate something. Be friendly. People are on vacation and want to have a good time. We had an absolute blast at the pool every time we went.

FOOD: The food was great! We tried every single restaurant. Our favorite place for breakfast was the Bahama Bay buffet. This is no ordinary buffet. I can't imagine anyone not finding something they like, and it's all prepared deliciously. Dino's has great pizza, and Cafe de Paris has outstanding lattes! The Drunken Duck has really good food, on both the dinner and pub menus. The French and Italian restaurants were both very nice and we enjoyed all our choices, and of course tried each other's. Barefoot by the Sea is a really cool place to have lunch and we actually had our favorite meal there! On Friday night at the Junkanoo beach party we got to try some of the local cuisine and it was all fantastic.

DRINKS: Drinks are drinks, right? That's what I thought too. Until we tried their mojitos. And a dirty banana at the pool bar (this is a must try! aaaand now I want one). And the best part is, if you're not sure what you want just say "surprise me" or "something tropical" or just throw a flavor at them and they'll mix up something delicious for you. The Bob Marley shots are yummy and pretty cool looking.

ENTERTAINMENT: Anyone that complains about the lack of entertainment or nightlife isn't doing enough with their days I guess. Reggae night on Thursday was really cool, the band transformed pop songs into reggae style and performed classics such as Bob Marley as well. On Friday night there was the Junkanoo beach party at Barefoot and it was SO MUCH FUN. Culture, dancing, and awesome food. We got on the "sandfloor" and had a great time! Saturday was karaoke in the Drunken Duck, and it was as energetic and as much a party atmosphere as you could want. The sing-alongs in the piano bar were also well attended and fun, and Heston has a fabulous voice. Everything does end on the early side but when you're having fun from the moment you wake up how can you complain?

STAFF: This is a big one. The staff at this resort without a doubt made our vacation what it was. Everyone is SO nice and are always ready to smile and say hello. Bahamians have a great sense of humor as well, and we always felt like we were seeing friends when walking around! A few standouts for us: Our butlers. Valentino, Cordero and Vaughan were fantastic. Nick likes Ciroc vodka, but they do not have it on the resort. But you better believe by day 2 there was a huge bottle of it in our room! They also got Coronas for me, which was so nice! Note: limes = "green lemons" ;) They do everything you need and more, we loved the surprise flower and towel art! And on top of all that they're just really good people. Anfroy at Barefoot was our first waiter and asked how we were doing and how our stay was going every time he saw us. Krystel in the Italian restaurant was a wonderful waitress. Wiky did a couple photo-shoots for us and got so many amazing shots! So many in fact, that it took us over an hour to pick 20 to purchase. And last, but certainly not least, SEB supervisor of entertainment, Leslie. Never has a person been more perfect for his job!! We danced with him at the beach party, sang with him at a sing-along (somebody sign him!), and he danced for Nick when he took the mic at karaoke. We were able to talk to him a little and learn more about him, he's just overall a great person to have around.

So I guess you can say we liked our vacation here, haha. We were surrounded by beauty, ate great food, had tons of fun, and met lots of great people. What more could you really ask for, except maybe one more day? ;)

Room Tip: If you can splurge and get a beachfront villa go for it! Though all rooms at this resort look like t...
15 Thank amandap42j
Milton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

We have been to this Sandals three times. Each time we were well taken care of and enjoyed ourselves. The island has beautiful water and a joy to explore. On our first visit we rented a car and stopped at different beaches. For the most part we were alone on each one we stopped at.

Food is great and we have had Stephen and Harris as our butler a couple of the times. They are professional, caring and looked after us very well, as did everyone else there at this resort.

We love that Air Canada comes to check you in for your flight at the hotel and takes your luggage for you to the airport.

Beautiful part of the world that everyone needs to see. We will go back.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ocean are fabulous.
4 Thank Cathe V