I just got back from a long needed stay in Exuma. Though I did not stay at Sandals Emerald Bay Resort, I did stay just down the way at another hotel (which will remain unnamed....). Anyway, I did get to golf at Sandals. The positives - the back 9 is absolutely spectacular. Hole 13 has to be one of the toughest 90 yards I have EVER played. I shot a 90.... which is REALLY good for me. The staff... the Golf Superintendent Bruce and one of the golf pros - Kevin were awesome and very friendly. There was another golf course staff on hole 1 - another Kevin, that was wonderful! So friendly. The not-so-positives.... the course. In a nutshell, it needs work. The tee boxes were soft and mushy, there were weeds everywhere on the tee boxes, and where there were not weeds, you can tell where they had been killed by the brown spots. Some greens were super hard (not watered) and others were soft and spongy. One had a massive amount of sand that was just laid down and not spread. The clubs.... I used a pretty old set of Tayor Made Burners. The bag was way sun bleached and faded, and the woods had seen better days (chipped and old). The grips were in good shape, and I played well - but for the price they charge to rent - one would think the clubs would be a wee but nicer. Also - I thought this was a Greg Norman course? Does he not play King Cobra? No biggie.
Overall it was a great experience, but it is apparent the course groundkeeper staff is under staffed or does not have the right equipment. Hats off to Kevin, Kevin, Bruce and Richard (I think that was his name - the new golf pro) for providing a fantastic and memorable experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •NEW!! Jogging Trail on property - 2.6 miles long •Greg Norman designed 7,001 yard golf course with 6 signature oceanside holes•Three fresh water pools including the Caribbean’s largest zero entry pool with a central fire pit•24 hour room service to all rooms and suites•Seven exciting dining options to choose from•Red Lane Spa with sixteen extensive treatment rooms•Personalized off resort excursions arranged by our Island Routes Tour specialists•Sits on 1 mile of the Exuma’s best powdery white sand beaches•6 Har-Tru tennis courts including a sunken stadium court•Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Emerald Bay “Caribbean’s Leading Luxury All-Inclusive”•Awarded #9 spot in the 2012 Readers' Choice Awards "Top 12 Resorts in The Atlantic" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Prestigia, TravelUp, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sandals Emerald Bay Golf, Tennis and Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Emerald Bay Hotel Great Exuma
- Four Seasons Great Exuma
- Great Exuma Four Seasons
- Sandals Emerald Bay Golf, Tennis And Spa Resort Great Exuma, Bahamas