“The view alone is outstanding!”

Sandals Emerald Bay Golf, Tennis and Spa Resort
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Great Exuma
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Exuma is a beautiful island with amazing surroundings. Sandals was a great way to see this beautiful area. Our room was beautiful with great spa products and a wonderful bar. Housekeeping was excellent. As our second trip to a Sandals, we found the food and atomsphere better here than in Jamaica. We really enjoyed the Drunken Duck at night and the pool during the day. The spa services were simply wonderful.

Some of the negatives were:
- not all of the activities on the schedule occurred, which can be disappointing if you were really planning on something.
- there was a red flag on the beach most of our days there which means no water sports for that day
- the water sports were slightly limited
- some areas are in disrepair
- if you want a cabana get out early or get a butler as they go quickly.

Despite my negatives this was a wonderful all inclusive, exactly what you would expect and we had a wonderful time!

5  Thank HedoHP
Write a ReviewReviews (4,120)

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Without question this is one of the most stunning all inclusive beach resorts with overall good service, food and accommodations. But you can reconcile all the reviews here with an asterisk. The best reviews are from those who were fortunate to not have a fair share of incidents that affected but did not ruin our stay. First and foremost, the main pool and beach are among the best anywhere in the Caribbean. Second, the food choices include French and Italian restaurants that are better than most you will find at all inclusive resort. Third, the staff is friendly and really tries hard to please. Our glitches included room service that never came, being waken up at 6:55am by gardener with blowers, wake up calls that were consistently 1/2 hr late, and misrepresentations by spa staff as to "complimentary" massages and gifts. If you want the Sandals experience, book with Amy at Dream Makers based in PA. We got upgraded to a great 1 bedroom suite. If we went again, we would definitely go with butler service.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Rob G
Reviewed June 29, 2013

The Exuma property is a big footprint and a sprawling graceful getaway for
people of any age. From the time we arrived and were greeted with warm
towels and champagne, to Logesh, our butler whisking us away to our room -
felt like heaven had wrapped its arms around us. The rooms are gorgeous
with ocean views and a hammock outside our sliding glass doors, as are all
the buildings on site.

We especially enjoyed Cafe De Paris (3 times a day), and the fun personable
gals in the cafe. Logesh, our main butler, always professional was well full
of surprises. If I needed something, he was there. Actually all I had to do
was mention something, and it would appear in the room. The West Indian
massages were to die for.

I can't say enough about the snorkeling
right off the beach (to the left by the white building), and the junkanoo and limbo entertainment on Friday night. And the Island Routes adventures with Peter from Exuma Cay
Adventures. Well, I guess I'll have to check that off my bucket list.

Room Tip: There are a selection of different categories for the rooms. We stayed in the Anthurim (blue) Villa...
2  Thank midwestscubagal
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Sandals Emerald Bay Golf, Tennis and Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

We're so thrilled to read about your amazing stay at Sandals Emerald Bay. It's always so encouraging to know about the great experiences our guests have on resort. I'm happy that you enjoyed our beautiful property & beach, our fine dining, luxurious accommodations and the genuine hospitality of our staff.

Thank you so much for your review! We can't wait to welcome you back!

Cassie C.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

We held our destination wedding at Sandals Emerald Bay, and stayed for our honeymoon. To be honest I was a bit nervous as it seemed way to simple and easy getting everything set up (from booking through our agent, Lisa Z. at Beach Bum Vacations, to working with our wedding consultant through Sandals, and our wedding planner once we arrived at the resort). They literally handled everything and all I had to do was pick what I wanted and show up - a dream situation for this bride!

The spa staff was friendly and did a great job with my hair and make-up, Shalise our wedding planner took care of all the details - including steaming my dress when we arrived, and our butlers did a wonderful job making sure our stay was nothing but extraordinary.

The resort itself was clean, and the staff was friendly. We had "buddies" at each restaurant and bar by the 2nd day! Bugs were not a problem, and the beach was literally perfect. It was soft white sand, clean/clear blue water (nothing in the water to tickle your feet and freak you out), and the water was so calm!

We stayed in one of the prime minister suites which was VERY large. In fact we held a welcome party with our guests in our room one night and had more than enough room. Our butlers set everything up for us, it was so easy and nice for our group to have a private party.

I can sum up this long review this way: My (now) husband stated this was hands down the best vacation he ever took, so much so that we've changed our retirement plans to make sure we end up in the Exumas!

PS - I uploaded a few of the photos the photographer took down there (Wiky was our photographer and the shots are amazing - way better than expected!) of our ceremony to show different areas of the resort and the quality of their products for weddings (ie cake and flowers)

8  Thank SHankins2013
Reviewed June 26, 2013

This is the 2nd sandals resort that my husband & I have been to. I was not overly impressed with the food or the service. By no means do I regret my vacation decisions bc it was the most relaxing & beautiful vacation that we have ever been on. But I also would not book to go back, I would try another location for our next visit. Our 1st sandals resort was at the royal Bahamian & we both agreed that both the service & food were exceptional at the resort, as well as the views & resort itself. The water & beaches at emerald bay is like nothing I've ever seen before, absolutely stunning. We had an oceanfront balcony in which I highly recommend. Such a great view to wake up to every morning. We are not golfers but we had an awesome day pretending & taking pics of the beautiful views at each hole.

Room Tip: I highly recommend a ocean view room.
3  Thank Meghan W
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This was the most perfect vacation I have ever been a part of. The staff at all parts of the resort were amazing. Satar, the head butler and Stephen, Trevor, Deangelo, our 3 butlers for the week, were incredible the entire time and took great care of us. I recommend the resort for all couples who are looking for a perfect getaway. The resort and all the restaurants were amazing and we cant wait to get back as soon as possible

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We had a great time... Very friendly staff with a can-do attitude. Whatever I asked for something, the answer was "yes, no problem, we can do that". We had an individual in our party with food alergies, and when we asked if the food cantained the alergic item, the staff went and got the sous-chef and he offered to cook whatever the individual wanted, and prepaired fantasic meals. I would highly recommend this location

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Sandals Emerald Bay Golf, Tennis and Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

We're happy that you had a great stay at Sandals Emerald Bay. We always strive to be more than accommodating towards our guests. We are here to serve and will always be eager to do so.

Thank you for your review. We hope to welcome you all back soon!

Cassie C.

#1 of 2 in George Town
Augusta Bay Bahamas
Augusta Bay Bahamas
#1 of 5 in George Town

Been to Sandals Emerald Bay Golf, Tennis and Spa Resort? Share your experiences!