Sandals Emerald Bay was as beautiful as the pictures! If you are looking for an amazing blue water, soft sand beach, this is your hotel. It is a short drive from the airport, which gives you a little more vaction time. We opted for a non butler room, and I am glad we did. It was not necessary and the standard room was expensive enough :) We were in building 6, away for the main pool and restaurants, which we liked very much. Room was always clean, as was the beach, which recently I have seen some people complain about.
Food was good, but not great. I am fairly picky with food and always found something that I liked. The cafe was great! We passed it on our way in and out each day, so often stopped for a latte or dessert. The pizza place was good for a quick lunch by the pool. Very fresh. Pool bar staff was fun, and entertained many of us one day while it was raining. Drunken Duck Pub was a fun place to hang out. Wings were great! Fun atmosphere when there was a decent crowd. Bring a thermos cup for the beach. Since there is not really beach service, you can fill your cup with a yummy drink and take it with you. The beach was beautiful and we were often able to find a relatively secluded place to hang out in the water by the golf course most days. My husband enjoyed the golf course. Got some spectacular pictures. Bring extra balls.
If you tend to get eaten by bugs, bring extra repellant and use it. I am one of those people, but I sprayed early morning and at night, and I was fine. No sand flea bites on this vacation.
I cannot express how awesome the 4C Thunderball tour was!!! Look them up before you go and definitely book with them. Swimming with the pigs, sharks and the sand bar were truly amazing! It is a long day, and a far travel by boat, so I do not recommend for small children.
We had stayed at a Sandals in Jamaica years ago, so we attended the Return Guest Dinner. Best lobster of the trip and nice sunset during the cocktail hour. We made a donation to their charity. Yes, this resort is expensive, but the grounds and beach are stunning. I don't think we will return here, but it is a beautiful area and we may try another hotel here in the future. I did a good amount of research before booking, and felt it lived up to my expectations. If it looks like the nice choice for you, I say book it. You will not be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •NEW!! Jogging Trail on property - 2.6 miles long •Greg Norman designed 7,001 yard golf course with 6 signature oceanside holes•Three fresh water pools including the Caribbean’s largest zero entry pool with a central fire pit•24 hour room service to all rooms and suites•Seven exciting dining options to choose from•Red Lane Spa with sixteen extensive treatment rooms•Personalized off resort excursions arranged by our Island Routes Tour specialists•Sits on 1 mile of the Exuma’s best powdery white sand beaches•6 Har-Tru tennis courts including a sunken stadium court•Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Emerald Bay “Caribbean’s Leading Luxury All-Inclusive”•Awarded #9 spot in the 2012 Readers' Choice Awards "Top 12 Resorts in The Atlantic" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Prestigia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TravelUp, HotelQuickly and Hotwire so you can book your Sandals Emerald Bay Golf, Tennis and Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Emerald Bay Hotel Great Exuma
- Four Seasons Great Exuma
- Great Exuma Four Seasons
- Sandals Emerald Bay Golf, Tennis And Spa Resort Great Exuma, Bahamas