My husband and I went to the Sandals Emerald Bay for our honeymoon during November 25-Dec. 2. At first we were kind of nervous as people started telling us that you only pay extra for the "Sandals" name, but this was FAR from the truth.
As this was our first visit to a Sandals resort, we were shocked by the amount of pampering they provide. We were greeted with a hot towel and champagne. We were then quickly escorted to our room which was an oceanfront room in Bay 3. Our room was beautiful, bed was so comfortable and fridge was stocked every day. Our room was cleaned every night (as we usually slept in) and our view was gorgeous!
Food- THE MOST DELICIOUS FOOD EVER!!! I can't believe the reviews I read prior to going about how the food wasn't up to par. My husband and I ate our hearts out during our stay because of the wide range of selection. My husband and I are real big fans of sea food so we had a lot of that...lobster for dinner most nights...absolutely DELICIOUS!!!
Service- I couldn't believe how sincerely nice the people that worked there were. We had a couple of complications with our door lock and our safe and reception was so prompt to run to our service. As we walked to dinner or simply down the beach, we were constantly pleasantly greeted and asked if we needed anything. My husband and I did not get a butler and we honestly didn't need one. We never once felt like we needed anything. The servers were quick to respond to any of our requests and they had servers walking down the pool and the beach asking if we needed anything.
Beach & Pool - WOW!!! is all I can say. The beach was as BLUE as the pool to the point where I couldn't distinguish both in the dark. The softest sad I've ever stepped on. The waves got a little strong the last couple of days because it got a little windy but my husband and I simply enjoyed lying down in front of it enjoying it's view.The pool area was cleaned everyday and not once did I notice any dirt. It was also huge and never crowded with people; we always found spots to sit.
ONE down side. The only down side to this resort was the lack of activity in the city. It's a VERY small city (about 54,000 people in population) and so when we went to "explore" it we were deeply disappointed. Their market is basically a house with one or two shops; so please save your money and stay at the resort, it's not worth the cab fair of $100.
Overall, I would rate this resort as the BEST I've been to and I have been to my fair share of resorts. I will definitely return to this resort one day; perhaps on our anniversary. I think you can't go wrong with any Sandals resort but this one was definitely top notch!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •NEW!! Jogging Trail on property - 2.6 miles long •Greg Norman designed 7,001 yard golf course with 6 signature oceanside holes•Three fresh water pools including the Caribbean’s largest zero entry pool with a central fire pit•24 hour room service to all rooms and suites•Seven exciting dining options to choose from•Red Lane Spa with sixteen extensive treatment rooms•Personalized off resort excursions arranged by our Island Routes Tour specialists•Sits on 1 mile of the Exuma’s best powdery white sand beaches•6 Har-Tru tennis courts including a sunken stadium court•Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Emerald Bay “Caribbean’s Leading Luxury All-Inclusive”•Awarded #9 spot in the 2012 Readers' Choice Awards "Top 12 Resorts in The Atlantic" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Unique Vacations Inc, TravelUp, Prestigia, Booking.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sandals Emerald Bay Golf, Tennis and Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Emerald Bay Hotel Great Exuma
- Four Seasons Great Exuma
- Great Exuma Four Seasons
- Sandals Emerald Bay Golf, Tennis And Spa Resort Great Exuma, Bahamas